Geckoboard - Day to day is good, but there are wider issues that need to be tackled to scale successfully | Glassdoor.co.uk
  1. "Day to day is good, but there are wider issues that need to be tackled to scale successfully"

Former Employee - Product Manager in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Geckoboard full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Great work life balance - Lots of holiday! - Flexible with working from home and work hours - Really nice people to work with - Flexible with process - Great engineering culture - QAs on every team - Challenging product and problems - Excellent customer support team - Can talk to lots of users and there is a very vocal customer community - Transparency around company status (costs, profit, metrics etc)

Cons

- Difficult to see your work making any impact on growing the product - Very 'just in time' planning and team allocation - Product direction and roadmap not well communicated - Lack of experience in some senior roles and managers - Lack of autonomy in product and design - Different levels of comfort with collaboration Overall I do not think Geckoboard is a bad place to work - but you will have a better experience in certain disciplines than others. Your experience will also depend on what you want from your work and the impact you want to have - something to consider before interviewing.

Advice to Management

You have some really good people working for you - make sure you listen to them and don't be afraid to challenge your assumptions.

Geckoboard2018-09-24

Other Employee Reviews

"Remarkable work environment, amazing colleagues"

I have been working at Geckoboard full-time for more than a year

Pros

One of the main reasons I joined Geckoboard was because of the people and culture. Everyone is so friendly and truly cares about each other and doing great work. It's a very open work environment where company metrics are shared and easily accessible, anyone can ask questions, and leadership genuinely appreciates when someone challenges the status quo or suggests a better way to do something. No egos, just hard working people who are eager to learn.

Cons

At this point, Geckoboard isn't incorporated in the USA - but hopefully one day it will be. :) (This doesn't negatively impact my work experience at all, though.)

Geckoboard2017-02-11

"Best Company I've Ever Worked For! :)"

I have been working at Geckoboard for more than a year

Pros

Working at Geckoboard is wonderful. You feel cared for, heard, acknowledged, and respected. Everyone at the company is so much fun to talk to and work with and you always know how the company is doing as a whole. This company truly cares about my wellbeing. I'm so excited to be a part of this company as it grows. I absolutely love coming to work each day. :)

Cons

I have yet to find a downside.

Advice to Management

Keep up the awesomeness!!! :) <3

Geckoboard2017-01-05

Discover more reviews about Geckoboard.