"Heroes and others"

1.0
    Engineering Manager in Hastings, England

I have been working at General Dynamics Mission Systems

Pros

If you don’t have much talent or even knowledge of you specialist area this is a place you can be part of a head count. It pays well but benefits are salary scarified so it might turn out that it does not pay as well as you agreed to also not that relocation has habit of being reduced back after 6months. You will not be work too hard, unless you are actually useful. You can go to coffee when ever you want, in-fact it is encourage. You can get a long easily by just being nice and that will be enough to keep your job as you will not be a threat to other that wish to move on up. Remember there are some excellent staff there too, but they are out numbered

Cons

Do not rely on honesty or integrity, senor management scarified that years ago to get where they are. All that maters is the EBIT figure to retain there position. Other lower down the chain are frightened to stick the head out even when they see wrong been done. Some of your pears will be virtually unemployable anywhere else particularly in administration, HR, quality. If you want to do interesting work and work hard then you will be the one working weekend and into the night as its not there culture to break a sweat. However when it come to crunch time they will kick and scream like 2 children.

Continue reading
  1. "Great Place to Work"

5.0
    Current Intern - Systems Engineering Intern in Greenbelt, MD

I have been working at General Dynamics Mission Systems

Pros

Great people, meaningful work, good wage.

Cons

I have no cons for this position.

2. "Great company to work for"

4.0
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer II in Fairfax, VA

I have been working at General Dynamics Mission Systems full-time

Pros

Work with cutting edge technology, great benefits, flexible 9/80 schedule

Cons

Can certainly find higher pay elsewhere

General Dynamics Mission Systems Response

August 5, 2020CCO

Thank you for sharing your feedback from your first year with us. We agree - working with some of the most advanced technologies to solve the world's most critical problems is pretty amazing. We are also committed to continually evolving our benefit offerings to meet the needs of our team.

Discover more reviews about General Dynamics Mission Systems.