"Dynamic and fast paced environment where one can develop professionally at a rapid rate"

Current Employee - Vice President in London, England, England

I have been working at Goldman Sachs full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

There are many resources available to develop your technical and interpersonal skills. You are working with very smart people and there are opportunities for those who are adaptable.

Cons

Work life balance is hard to achieve because you are constantly challenged. Also, it is really hard to transfer from mid office to front office so it is important that you accept an offer in the division where you really want to be in.

1. "Great Place to Build a Career"

5.0
    • Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Employee - Controller in New York, NY

I have been working at Goldman Sachs full-time

Pros

Wide range of responsibilities, smart colleagues

Cons

Competitive environment, late hours, stressful

"Good Company with Bad Middle Management"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Employee - Software Developer in New York, NY

I have been working at Goldman Sachs full-time for more than a year

Pros

You'll have the opportunity to work with other smart, hardworking colleagues. The problems you'll work on are interesting and challenging. There's a culture of excellence and overall delivering solid technical solutions to problems that require high scalability.

Cons

Some managers are pretty toxic and negative. Your overall experience here will be largely driven by your team, and office politics can play a large role too. Some teams seem great to work on though. With the team I'm on, our manager will focus on assigning blame instead of trying to work collaboratively. It brings down the morale of the team, leading to our team having low productivity, and continuing in a negative feedback loop where the manager blames everyone for not delivering things in a certain way or meeting their unrealistic expectations - even when working 60-80+ hours every week.

Continue reading

Discover more reviews about Goldman Sachs.