Guidewire - Great environment to work in | Glassdoor.co.uk
  1. "Great environment to work in"

I have been working at Guidewire full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

It is a good company to work for - they offer good benefits and generally take care of their employees, and there are many opportunities for career growth and career changes within the company. Everyone I've worked with within the company so far has been a great professional and very friendly, people I've learned a lot from.

Cons

Depending on the department, work can sometimes be stressful. Not really that much of a company issue as they do try to accommodate people.

Advice to Management

More social events wouldn't hurt

Guidewire2019-05-17
  1. "Challenging and Rewarding"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

I worked at Guidewire full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Here is an opportunity to make a difference in the business with a culture that is open to ideas from anywhere in the company; when rationality is used to lay out proposals. Great team environment - everyone is wiling to help when something important is at risk, especially if customer oriented. Interactions with people from many cultures and global locations makes teamwork more interesting. Great place for a person...

Cons

Some employees (at all levels) can be jaded and negative. Wish they would just move on to another company that better suits their needs. Also, need greater accountability for mid-manager level results. Provide more opportunities to leverage this level of leaders.

Advice to Management

Continue communicating the strategy throughout the organization. Prepare and support VPs and Directors to directly communicate the big ideas to their teams, so they can take ownership and provide direction. We have very talented people at this level who desire to have a greater role in leadership.

Guidewire2019-06-17
  2. "Reorg in product dev is done and we're all systems go"

I have been working at Guidewire full-time for more than a year

Pros

The senior management is excellent. HQ is excellent. Most employees are excellent. The Dublin office is excellent. There is a lot of excellence. We're taking the risks that need to be taken. Smart, proactive and realistic approach. No resting on our laurels. Good pay, healthy minds, collegiality

Cons

There are some sub-par employees that should have been let go during the reorg, but that is the exception, not the rule.

Advice to Management

Not sure what to suggest, but I can tell you communication down the chain has been a problem.

Guidewire2019-06-03

Discover more reviews about Guidewire.