H&R Block - Great place to work and grow | Glassdoor.co.uk
  1. "Great place to work and grow"

Former Employee - District Manager in Dallas, TX
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at H&R Block full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Very strong management development programs; challenging but rewarding environment; very progressive culture; excellent benefits

Cons

8 months of planning and 4 months of execution, success is largely dictated by outside forces (IRS open dates, Loan products that are Manager being challenged by government)

Advice to Management

I’ve got nothing but good things to say about HRB. It’s a challenging environment that helps push and develop high potential talent. Lots of opportunities to grow in KC or in the field. I started in the field as a Franchise Consultant and then a District Manager; my only disappointment was that I was only able to move up to a Regional Director after I left the company - but that is less about me and more about... the strong talent pool inside Block. This is a great company and I am very proud that I was able to spend 8 years with this organization.

H&R Block2018-09-13

"n/a"

Former Employee - Client Service Representative in Lakewood, CO

I worked at H&R Block part-time for more than a year

Pros

I loved the people I worked with. They were always very friendly and helpful to me.

Cons

Low pay with no benefits. Manager constantly changing the schedule without notice.

Advice to Management

Create a two week schedule and stick to it. Communicate with your employees better.

H&R Block2019-11-12
  2. "Pretty Great Place to Work"

Former Employee - Training Developer in Kansas City, MO

I worked at H&R Block full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The people I work with were great. Management for the most part cared about you as person. The work itself could be a little boring (it is taxes after all (although, you'll find people there who are really into taxes)). But the people I worked with were good and fun to work with.

Cons

There's an emphasis on constantly moving upward and with that a push on professional development. But it's very hard to fit it into our busy schedules.

Advice to Management

It really isn't a bad thing if someone is content in their position to let them stay there a long time. Just as it's not a bad thing for someone to constantly seek new challenges. It takes all types. It may actually be beneficial to have that institutional knowledge sticking around.

H&R Block2019-11-14

Discover more reviews about H&R Block.