1. "Great Company To Work For"

5.0
    Current Employee - Travel Administrator in London, England, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Hays full-time for less than a year

Pros

Hays is an amazing company to work for. It is a friendly environment, great for progression and opportunities for your career. Training Programmes and careers fare are very insightful and made me choose Hays! If you don't believe me come see for yourself.

Cons

Long hours, but the rewards you get are worth it!

Continue reading

Hays Response

October 16, 2015Head of Internal Recruitment

Thank you for your review from the Travel Team - You have a high pressured job as part of our central support function and we very much appreciate your hard work and efforts.

1. "Great Company - with a great mission"

5.0
    • Diversity & Inclusion
    Former Employee - Account Manager

I worked at Hays full-time

Pros

Great opportunity to learn and become ingrained in an industry - Not just the staffing business, but the people business, and the industry that you recruit for (Life Sciences, IT, Accounting & Finance, Construction & Property etc.). Hays does its best to align you with your strengths as well. There is a big push to have a separation of duties between true hunters and farmers on the sales side, and specific skillsets on the recruiting side. - Tons of PTO front loaded (4 weeks to start I believe) -Opportunity to see the fruits of your labor, via commission. -Flexible work schedule (remote/office) -Tons of opportunity to join committees with exposure to senior leadership -Office culture (although this varies office to office) -Branding and Name in the Staffing Industry -GREAT learning and development team/programs

Cons

- Salaries could be more competitive, especially with the new commission structure. - The new CEM role should be compensated on their KPIs (New contracts signed, # of placements at accounts brought in etc.) - Becoming more of a red tape process as the business is starting to grow in the US - compared to even a few years ago. - 401k match seems non existent

Hays Response

April 5, 2021Director, Engagement & People Experience

Thank you for your review!

2. "Poor management making god awful decisions,"

2.0
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter

I have been working at Hays full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

A lot great people work here, solid PTO policy, and decent commission %% compared to other places. If management was not so bad, it would be a good company to work for but unfortunately that is not the case. They will cram your week up by assigning you jobs going absolutely no where or other pointless time-wasting tasks. which it make it extremely difficult to hit your numbers.

Cons

Very poor management making horrible decisions. Recruiters are not treated well. A lot of time wasting activities that need to be taken care of. This company absolutely blew my mind recently with their decision making. I don't think any of the Leaders within the organization have actually looked at a single job requisition. They recently brought on a new Account where all of the jobs are prioritized as "Red Hot" by management yet the jobs are the biggest joke you could ever possibly witness as a Recruiter. Management actually wants to build a new team completely dedicated to this account and force their experienced recruiters to spend a large portion of time on it. You will get yelled at by Management if you do not submit daily, very detailed, multiple paragraph, updates to the Account Manager, however, Recruiters are not entitled to any feedback on the candidates submitted. In a time frame of over 2 months, there were close to 200 job requisitions with this particular client, and not one single interview or anything close to it. Not a single placement will ever be made on it as your most experienced recruiters have already pointed out, yet Managers actually want to build a team of multiple people who solely focused on supporting this complete joke of an account as well as force their experienced recruiters to waste a large portion of time on it. It is mind blowing to see high level leaders within such a large organization make such horrible business decisions that will only lose the company money and more employees in the long run. Very long training sessions to experienced recruiters who do not need it. Why is an employee with over 3 years of experience forced to sit through multiple 2+ hour training activities? If the training was actually relevant or helpful, I would understand but it's not. Half of it is spent making fake "role play" phone calls to other recruiters to practice everything they already do on a daily basis, It's just insulting and a waste of valuable time and resources. How can you expect recruiters to get 6 interviews, 8 submittals, and 20 mini profiles per week when in reality they only have about half of the day to actually focus on recruiting.

Continue reading

Discover more reviews about Hays.