"This is what all companies should strive for!"

5.0

I have been working at Heartbeat full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I know it sounds cheesy, but I’m not exaggerating when I say that Heartbeat is truly a magical place. Even though it was my first “real” job out of college, I know from dealing with other agencies and hearing about other companies from friends and colleagues that this place isn’t the norm. It’s actually above the norm in so many ways: projects/deliverables, culture, creativity, work ethic, benefits (health and PTO), and on and on. In truth, I really feel spoiled here. The work we create for clients is nothing less than stellar. Every piece that’s produced is creative and on point. At least that’s what our clients say. ☺ And, as I said, the culture at Heartbeat is like no other; they have fun initiatives (Upbeat), which are friendly yearlong competitions between teams where there are amazing prizes; health incentives (Bodybeat), which include in-house yoga and meditation, wellness vendor days, smoothie days, even essential oil classes; and gifts, I mean real, substantial gifts, for their anniversaries with the agency. Heartbeat’s annual Employee Appreciation Week (Lovebeat) is amazing! It usually includes massages, breakfasts, desserts, wine tasting , and cocktail-making classes, to name just a few. But best and most important of all, management here really sets people up for success. Individuals are challenged to push themselves to become even better at what they already do well. And they’re challenged to learn new skills. Employees know that management’s doors are always open to listen, learn, and act. They’ve even implemented a work/life balance program that encourages hard work but also hard play! Oh, and as a gay man of color this place allows me to bring my most authentic true self to work. Heartbeat strives to be leaders in the D&I space. This place is a keeper.

Cons

Can't think of a thing!

Continue reading

Heartbeat Response

Associate Director, Marketing

I’ll tell you what’s magical is your review! We’re glad you’re digging the culture around here, because it’s one of our true calling cards and it’s here to stay. We’ll continue to shower you & every Heartbeater with nonsensical amounts of gifts, games, events, health initiatives, and learning opportunities. Not just because it’s fun, or something to do, but because you deserve it. We’re so fortunate to have this amazing community of people doing their best work, day-in and day-out, and that deserves our gratitude & appreciation. And more importantly, there should be no place, anywhere, where people don’t feel 100% free to be their most authentic selves. Our industry may have a long way to go, but hopefully our efforts to make Heartbeat a place that stands for inclusion, and diversity, and equality can help set an example. Thanks for all you do, and for being a huge part of our Heartbeat fam.

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Great Company"

5.0
    Current Employee - Associate Media Director in New York, NY

I have been working at Heartbeat full-time for more than a year

Pros

Really care about their employees and foster a very inclusive environment. The leadership really cares about keeping the company connected even virtually.

Cons

Not many cons at all

"Wayyyyy too many long nights"

2.0
    Former Employee - Producer in New York, NY

I worked at Heartbeat full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great people and diverse culture

Cons

So many people work until 10, 11, midnight. The industry is like that, but this is the first and only agency I ever worked at where it was practically expected to work these hours all the time. And nobody seems to do anything about it, and it's not sustainable. My current agency is much better about work/life balance.

Continue reading

Heartbeat Response

Marketing Manager

Thank you for this feedback. It sounds like you were with us for a while, and we’re saddened that your overall perception was an expectation of exceptional workloads. That is not the case. It’s true that our industry is demanding, but 12-hour days should NOT be the norm for any of us. We’ve put considerable effort toward bettering our community’s work-life balance—it’s a topic we purposefully keep in the limelight to create a culture where people feel empowered to care for themselves, ask for help, and importantly, “pay themselves back” with Time Off whenever possible. To support this, we have instituted Summer Fridays, are encouraging everyone to liberally use their PTO, and are championing flexible and reduced schedules—something especially important when many are juggling additional responsibilities. We also know that it’s important to proactively manage day-to-day workloads in order to help everyone take advantage of the Time Off initiatives we’ve instituted and it’s up to us to do better. Making you feel like a cog in the production machine is the LAST thing we wanted. Although you’re no longer with us, we encourage you to reach out with any examples, concerns, or suggestions based on your experience—we’re always trying to improve. —Nadine and James, Heartbeat Co-Presidents

Discover more reviews about Heartbeat.