"Constant cheating with numbers of parcels delivered, impossible to contact hr there"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Employee - FT Courier in Glasgow, Scotland, Scotland

I have been working at Hermes full-time for less than a year

Pros

Not bad money after some time. Job is easy when you are not bothered with weather and can help with fitness.

Cons

Annoying if you know they rip you off when it comes to numbers of parcels you delivered, but there is not much you can do. Even when they constantly remind that for any payment issue you can contact courier admin, but they will do everything to put you off doing this like asking for details which are impossible to remember. Also they say that will reply within 5 working days- good luck with that. Basically this company is another corpo which model is to show you that you are so small so be happy that they hire you and if there are mistakes with payroll(they make lots of money on it- every single courier is missing money for parcels they delivered, but after a while they just fed up with chasing it) you should just take it as it is.

Continue reading

Hermes Response

January 15, 2021PR and social Executive

Thank-you for taking the time to share your experience working as a courier in Glasgow. We're extremely sorry to read that you've been experiencing issues with your pay and would recommend that you contact HR as soon as possible to resolve this. Thanks, GL

1. "Good"

5.0
    Former Employee - Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Hermes full-time

Pros

Good company move up great

Cons

Nothing bad about it. Good

2. "Hard graft but glad to be working"

Current Employee - Self-employed Courier in Essex, MD
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Hermes part-time for less than a year

Pros

It's pretty flexible and can fit around other commitments. I can plan my deliveries to suit my timetable. My field manager is very friendly and supportive and the other couriers are encouraging and generous with advice for newbies. There are some fuel, insurance and other discounts available.

Cons

It is what it is, which is a courier job. The pay isn't great and it can feel like drudgery at times. You don't get paid for time spent organizing your parcels into delivery order, although this takes about an hour to do. It's not for everyone.

Hermes Response

June 5, 2018PR & Social Media Executive

Thanks for taking the time to share your comments with us, its great to know you've enjoyed working with Hermes. We're really pleased the role can be flexible and fit around your personal life. We'll ensure your other comments regarding are passed on to the HR team to be reviewed.

Discover more reviews about Hermes.