1. "Least agile company ever"

1.0
    • Diversity & Inclusion
    Former Employee - Product Owner in Leeds, England, England

I worked at Hermes full-time

Pros

Great people across the IT function, always look out for each other and get stuff done for the greater good and shared causes

Cons

Product owners should avoid like the plague. Since being bought by Advent the company can no longer call itself agile, all control of product development belongs to various C-suite level committees. Company will sell itself as an agile model, but this is without a doubt waterfall framework disguised with scrum ceremonies IT is constantly switching hands (3 times in 2020) with current leadership really underwhelming and underqualified Product owners, business analysts, and project managers are expected to deliver predefined pieces of work with no prioritisation done below C-suite level. Roadmaps are planned up to 24 months in advance The PO, BA and PM roles have no defined differences and are all really diluted, handcuffed versions of what the role would be at somewhere else. In particular the PO role is massively misunderstood POs aren’t expected to write Jira tickets. Instead they hand over pages of documentation to be translated by squads up front Development is being slowly offshored under the guise of having overseas “burst” squads available to get extra work done without missing deadlines, morale in the Leeds based teams is slowly decreasing knowing this. Perks/incentives are none existent besides a very basic matched 4% pension Serious initiatives with regards to staff wellbeing and mental health (beyond free yoga sessions every now and then) aren’t a priority across the business Very, very poor culture from the top down, no focus on anything but finances

Continue reading

Hermes Response

March 24, 2021PR and social Executive

Hi there, thank-you so much for taking the time to share your detailed review of what it's like to work as a Product Owner in Leeds. We're really disappointed to read that you were unhappy with the role. We'll pass your feedback on to the relevant team. Take care, GL

1. "Good"

5.0
    Former Employee - Manager in Davis, CA

I worked at Hermes full-time

Pros

Good company move up great

Cons

Nothing bad about it. Good

2. "Hard graft but glad to be working"

Current Employee - Self-employed Courier in Los Angeles, CA
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Hermes part-time for less than a year

Pros

It's pretty flexible and can fit around other commitments. I can plan my deliveries to suit my timetable. My field manager is very friendly and supportive and the other couriers are encouraging and generous with advice for newbies. There are some fuel, insurance and other discounts available.

Cons

It is what it is, which is a courier job. The pay isn't great and it can feel like drudgery at times. You don't get paid for time spent organizing your parcels into delivery order, although this takes about an hour to do. It's not for everyone.

Hermes Response

June 5, 2018PR & Social Media Executive

Thanks for taking the time to share your comments with us, its great to know you've enjoyed working with Hermes. We're really pleased the role can be flexible and fit around your personal life. We'll ensure your other comments regarding are passed on to the HR team to be reviewed.

Discover more reviews about Hermes.