Employee Review

Former Employee, less than 1 year

Terrible

27 May 2021 - Warehouse Operative in West Thurrock, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

No pros at all. Bad place to work

Cons

The pay isn't very good at all. If you're English and they hear you speaking they will immediately start giving you the worst jobs and will pretend like you don't exist. Multiple people in the warehouse couldn't speak English so getting an answer for anything is almost impossible. The way Hermes treats people's mail is unbelievable. First the mail arrives in a lorry, it's crammed in without a thought for people's items inside. 2 people get into the lorry and throw the parcels on a conveyor belt, half of which take a 10 foot fall to the floor. going down the line they are flipped so they can be scanned then they are thrown around yet again to get them into the necessary slots. Then, yet again, thrown in a premade pallet which is about 5 foot tall, so every parcel (fragile or not) is usually destroyed. Parcels constantly sprawled over the ground with people treading on them. When I worked there, there was 3 English people, the rest were European and didn't want to help or speak to you. The management is poor and do pretty much nothing all day except stand around and talk and if they have to do work then they throw parcels around to break them on purpose like it's some sort of game.

Continue reading

Hermes Response

Online Reputation Manager

Hello, thanks for taking the time to share your experience working as a Warehouse Operative in Thurrock. We're very disappointed to read that you did not enjoy your job role with us, particularly as you were not satisfied with the pay, as well as the other several reasons that you have stated. We'll pass your feedback on to the relevant team. Take care, GD

1. 5.0
    Former Employee

Good

2 Oct 2020 - Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good company move up great

Cons

Nothing bad about it. Good

2. 3.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Hard graft but glad to be working

13 Feb 2017 - Self-employed Courier in Essex, MD
    Business Outlook

Pros

It's pretty flexible and can fit around other commitments. I can plan my deliveries to suit my timetable. My field manager is very friendly and supportive and the other couriers are encouraging and generous with advice for newbies. There are some fuel, insurance and other discounts available.

Cons

It is what it is, which is a courier job. The pay isn't great and it can feel like drudgery at times. You don't get paid for time spent organizing your parcels into delivery order, although this takes about an hour to do. It's not for everyone.

Hermes Response

PR & Social Media Executive

Thanks for taking the time to share your comments with us, its great to know you've enjoyed working with Hermes. We're really pleased the role can be flexible and fit around your personal life. We'll ensure your other comments regarding are passed on to the HR team to be reviewed.

Discover more reviews about Hermes.