Employee Review

Former Employee, less than 1 year

Hard work

6 Jun 2021 - Parcel Sorter in Birmingham, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

The pros is the amazing people you meet. Your always meeting new people.

Cons

It is very hard work if your a women and they put you on unloading the lorry. Usually they will get a man to do it but if it’s the morning shift and the majority of people are women they will get you to do it by yourself. Listing the heavy load is not hard if it’s only 10 boxes but often there’s likes over 100 large boxes in the lorry and whilst they are manageable after doing 30 you get really sweaty and tired.

Continue reading

Hermes Response

PR and social Executive

Hello, thanks for taking the time to share your experience working as a Parcel Sorter in Birmingham. We’re glad to read that you enjoyed meeting new people during your time with us. However, it is disappointing to read that you felt that unloading lorries was not done in the most productive way. We’ll pass this feedback on to the relevant team. Thanks, GD

1. 5.0
    Former Employee

Good

2 Oct 2020 - Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good company move up great

Cons

Nothing bad about it. Good

2. 3.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Hard graft but glad to be working

13 Feb 2017 - Self-employed Courier in Essex, MD
    Business Outlook

Pros

It's pretty flexible and can fit around other commitments. I can plan my deliveries to suit my timetable. My field manager is very friendly and supportive and the other couriers are encouraging and generous with advice for newbies. There are some fuel, insurance and other discounts available.

Cons

It is what it is, which is a courier job. The pay isn't great and it can feel like drudgery at times. You don't get paid for time spent organizing your parcels into delivery order, although this takes about an hour to do. It's not for everyone.

Hermes Response

PR & Social Media Executive

Thanks for taking the time to share your comments with us, its great to know you've enjoyed working with Hermes. We're really pleased the role can be flexible and fit around your personal life. We'll ensure your other comments regarding are passed on to the HR team to be reviewed.

Discover more reviews about Hermes.