Hiscox - I'm genuinely proud to work here! | Glassdoor.co.uk

"I'm genuinely proud to work here!"

Current Employee - Trainee Insurance Expert in York, England

I have been working at Hiscox full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Great culture with an enjoyable environment. -Fantastic staff and training plan. -Fantastic building, modern with great amenities. -Staff and customer focused ethos. I'm only 5 weeks into my employment here and have been refraining from reviewing Hiscox due to my limited experience so far. I do feel a bit better placed now to offer some honest feedback. This is arguably the best place to work in the UK, it ticks every box including boxes you didn't even know needed ticking. The recruitment process is brilliant and not daunting, there are fantastic opportunities to progress as long as you put some effort in and don't expect the world to present opportunities to you. The staff are brilliant, the work itself although challenging (particularly within business insurance) is so much more interesting than what i ever thought before. I simply cannot praise the place enough and if you are reading this unhappy in your job then apply. Even if you are not successful the process will give you a taste of what working for a decent company feels like and hopefully set you on the right path to being happy at work. If you are successful then I will see you at the pool table for a different kind of lesson.

Cons

If there are any I haven't found them yet.

Advice to Management

At this point I can only say congratulations and keep up the good work.

Hiscox2018-12-09
  1. "Insuretech Excitement"

Current Employee - Associate Partnership Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Hiscox full-time for less than a year

Pros

The culture is great. The Atlanta office is in a great location with cool office features. Very transparent culture. We are always in the know. Great place to grow if interested in insuretech. Get the opportunity to visit other offices for team away-days.

Cons

Fast pace but keeps you busy. No company issued laptops. Have to be here for 6 months before WFH approval.

Hiscox2019-10-07
  2. "Not the same company as when I joined."

Former Employee - Underwriter in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Hiscox full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good benefits. Decent Work/Life Balance.

Cons

Lack of Senior Leadership. Corporate culture is deteriorating.

Hiscox2020-01-07

Discover more reviews about Hiscox.