Employee Review

1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Looks after its staff during difficult times

Jan 5, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

I've been with the company about 4 years now, and they've always worked hard to support colleagues, but I've really seen the best of HCUK the last 12 months as we've been impacted by the national lockdown. There's been an incredible level of support from the business for all its staff. When the lockdown occurred in March the company went to extraordinary lengths to ensure that everyone was set up to work from home. No one was furloughed, even during an initial dip in business. The whole company pulled together to support each other and customers. The CEO, Robert, was very visible - leading with regular communications to update everyone on what was happening, from regular emails to large-scale video conferences with everyone in the company, to make sure that we were up to date with the ever shifting situation. During some of the sad news we've faced this year he's been empathetic and very human, displaying his own honest emotions in step with everyone else. People from across the company have come together to support each other too - from organising video yoga at desks to workshops on topics from the menopause to dealing with stress. Even though we've lost some of the local community of local offices, it feels like the company-wide community at Hitachi Capital UK has bloomed. The company has also been very practical, making sure staff are financially looked after, aware of what's happening and always have access to the latest information. I've always enjoyed working at HCUK. But the last year has shown me what a special place it really is. There's honestly nowhere else I'd want to be working at a time of crisis.

Cons

Before the pandemic culture could be slow to move forward and modernise. But the action that they've taken to tackle the situation has showed how agile we can be as a company.

Continue reading
    3 people found this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee

Customer Support Officer/Account Support Management

Sep 13, 2021 - Account Support Coordinator
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great Company to work for

Cons

None that I can think of

Be the first to find this review helpful

Hitachi Capital (UK) Response

Talent Acquisition

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review! HCUK HR Team

2. 4.0
    Current Employee

Good business to work for

Sep 4, 2021 - Credit Analyst in Staines, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly team and growing business.

Cons

Location of business. Very busy and number driven. Due to this no real time to work on personal development.

1 person found this review helpful

Hitachi Capital (UK) Response

Talent Acquisition

Thanks for taking the time to leave a candid review, we really appreciate it. We're hoping our new hybrid approach to working means the location isn't such an issue for you when we do begin to return to the office. In terms of busyness and personal development, we recommend you share your concern with your line manager. We have definitely exceeded our anticipated business volumes this year so far, and the business is actively recruiting in every division to help keep pace so that should help teams find a better balance between delivery and development. Thanks again for for your feedback. Your HR Team

Discover more reviews about Hitachi Capital (UK).