Holiday Extras - Just great! | Glassdoor.co.uk

"Just great!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ashford, Kent, South East England, England

I have been working at Holiday Extras part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

* I can discuss so many pros of working here! The culture is to work hard in an enjoyable atmosphere, with colleagues who (On the whole) embrace change and are keen to improve and develop - leading to a fairly fast paced atmosphere that is fun and lively.
* I have never worked somewhere that is as flexible and supportive; I work part-time and am able to flex my hours to suit my family and other commitments, with no fuss. The level of trust is just great.

Cons

* Salaries are not the best but more than made up for by work-life balance and working atmosphere.
* Can be difficult in regards to career progression, options are limited in my area but not necessarily in all areas within the business. However, I have managed to expand my role and responsibilities as I identified I wanted more challenge. You are given the opportunity to step up.

Advice to Management

Be consistent with messages and strategy and how this is shared to the workforce.

Other Employee Reviews for Holiday Extras

1. "Forward thinking"

Current Employee - Travel Consultant in Hythe, Kent, South East England, England

Pros

A great company to work for. Very supportive of employee needs and are constantly looking for ways to develop the business. Regular incentives and social events. Home working catered for after satisfactory performance is proved and maintained.

Cons

Sometimes it can be a bit of a struggle to book holiday, due to the need to maintain a base level of service for customers. Not really a con, but I have found it a struggle in the past to book a particular period of time off in advance for a family holiday.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

2. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Hythe, Kent, South East England, England

I have been working at Holiday Extras full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great team, great people, great culture. New director of tech driving change. 10% time to work on what you want. Flexible hours, work from home. Exciting new brand and approach to product happening currently.

Cons

Sometimes lacks clear leadership, but improving in this area. Somewhat of a "everything is awesome" attitude, in most ways merited but gets in the way on the couple of things that really need work. Designer to engineer ratio is poor. Physical workspace (open plan) isn't great. Lots of legacy and technical debt, although now being managed much better.