Holiday Extras - I miss it! | Glassdoor.co.uk
Pros
  • "Flexible hours, can work from home, time banking all help with childcare needs plus a great working environment and really lovely people" (in 21 reviews)

• "Employee wellbeing and work/life balance" (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • "Call centre very separate to the rest of the company" (in 9 reviews)

• "High expectations, sometime difficult to get work/life balance" (in 3 reviews)

Employee Review

Employee Review

"I miss it!"

Former Employee - SEO Copywriter in Hythe, Kent, South East England, England
Former Employee - SEO Copywriter in Hythe, Kent, South East England, England

I worked at Holiday Extras full-time

Pros

Great career progression - if you're willing to work for it. I began in the Contact Center and worked my way up to the SEO team. I worked hard in order to move up, but I'd argue that's exactly how it should be. What's more I felt my hard work was rewarded.
I always felt like I was trusted in my role, which makes a huge difference to work output. Your ideas are always listened to, and if possible, people give you that opportunity to make it happen.
In addition, HX genuinely cares about it's employees - both in their working and personal lives.
I really miss HX and really enjoyed my time with the company.

Cons

Having started in the Contact Center, I know how tough that area of the business can be in comparison to the rest of the business due to the nature of the work however I do think that they are treated far better than other people in the same line of work.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing - keep pushing the values, maintain the culture as best you can and keep looking for ways to treat your staff because happy staff definitely makes for a successful company.

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Fun, challenging and friendly place to work"

Current Employee - Agile Coach in Folkestone, England
    Current Employee - Agile Coach in Folkestone, England

I have been working at Holiday Extras full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've worked here for three years now and have no intention of leaving. Holiday Extras is the best company I've worked for due to the great atmosphere and culture they work hard to create.

It's a fun place to work with all the extras they give you (BBQs, birthdays off, constant treats and rewards) but that's a small part of why I love it here.

Whilst it's fun, there's no shortage of hard work and challenging targets to meet which stretch and get the best out of you. They work hard to make sure you're on the right career path and will assist in any training or support you need to succeed. There are so many departments that you can easily try out another career path on a secondment if you're curious.

They've just completed a fantastic new building and facilities including showers which shows they're dedicated to improving and supporting staff.

They're incredibly family friendly. Having just come back from Maternity Leave, I was worried asking for reduced hours and more flexibility in terms of needing to work from home or leave if the kids were sick but their Anytime Anywhere policy means I can just catch up out of hours and leave immediately if necessary. I've never had a problem with any discrimination due to being a mother - if anything I'm actually given a lot more freedom to do what I need!

Cons

They're still working on the pay structure and clarity around that, but it's improved in the past few months. As with any company there are the usual problems with certain individuals and management styles but overall these get addressee quickly if they're really issues.

As the company is growing, the culture is unfortunately getting diluted so that's something everyone needs to work hard at to keep.

Advice to Management

Listen to your experts, keep pushing us to succeed and continue working on the pathways work to clarify salaries and progression.

"Clicky"

Pros

BBQs in the summer, fun activities when you’re allowed to take part.

Cons

Very clicky business, it’s not what you know it’s who you know. Impossible targets and high turn over of staff, you feel constantly stressed and next to no support. Expect no work/life balance.

Discover more reviews about Holiday Extras.