Holiday Extras - Satisfying and friendly | Glassdoor.co.uk
Pros
  • "Flexible hours, can work from home, time banking all help with childcare needs plus a great working environment and really lovely people" (in 21 reviews)

• "Employee wellbeing and work/life balance" (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • "Call centre very separate to the rest of the company" (in 9 reviews)

• "High expectations, sometime difficult to get work/life balance" (in 3 reviews)

Employee Review

Employee Review

"Satisfying and friendly"

Current Employee - Web Developer in Folkestone, England
Current Employee - Web Developer in Folkestone, England

I have been working at Holiday Extras full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Holiday Extras are like no other company I've worked for. The freedom you are given with regards to working, ranging from working from home, to hot desking is great. The personal development budget is generous, and the opportunity to learn from resources, both internal and external is highly encouraged.

From day one, you feel like part of the team. Everyone - without exception - is friendly, and approachable? I imagine if you asked the CTO for a chat about an idea, they'd be more than happy to oblige.

The campus is open, spacious and has all the mod cons.. Showers for the more active of us, a sandwich stall serving freshly made food at lunch, table tennis, a pool table, foosball, a small library, and great room outdoors for recreation or relaxation during down time.

Events are put on often, consisting of sports days, lovely lunches (hog roast, BBQ, etc), and I'm told the yearly party is a sight to behold!

Benefits are ample, including profit share, corporate benefits (money off at high street and online shops and services). Training / conferences can be applied for in any field that is of a benefit to the company, or your personal development.

Located right off of exit 11 of the M20, and about a mile from the nearest train station, traveling to work is very easy for us south coast folk, even if you don't drive.

After only being here 6 weeks, I can't imagine being anywhere else. I've already learned a lot, and look forward to going to work each morning.

Cons

I can honestly say that in my time with HX, I cannot fault them. They really are an amazing company to work for.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great job! The transparency provided in the shout outs is very refreshing - knowing we're making a positive contribution to the business, and helping it grow only motivates us to work harder!

HX - you rock!

Holiday Extras Response

2 Sep 2015 – Head of People

Thank you so much. It always makes me, the rest of the leadership team, and the wider team thrilled and proud to read reviews like this. We do work super hard to make HX a great place to work - its... More

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

"Awesome Place to work"

I have been working at Holiday Extras full-time

Pros

Really awesome company to work for, really look after their staff. For example, employees often work form outside the office, pretty much from anywhere (as long as colleagues know where you are and how to contact you). The People Team (HR) run regular events for benefit of employees, such as 'well being' weeks, lunchtime Bar-b-q's, etc. Great training opportunities, and great communication throughout the company - very open place to work. Great environment to work in, modern, clean bright Offices - oh, and a times top 100 employer!

Cons

Fast-paced, hard working environment, can be very pressured and stressful environment at times

2. "Brilliant place to work!"

I have been working at Holiday Extras full-time

Pros

Work life balance. The flexibility to work, anytime, anywhere. They are completely geared up to ensure your family life comes first and that you should have fun - no compromise.
    The office is light, open and everyone is approachable, fun and friendly. Top notch.

Cons

Almost a necessity to have to drive. But if you can, you will benefit from being a short drive to the beach! Perfect for lunch break!

Advice to Management

Keep it up.

Discover more reviews about Holiday Extras.