Holiday Extras - Best place I have ever worked! | Glassdoor.co.uk

There are newer employer reviews for Holiday Extras

"Best place I have ever worked!"

Current Employee - Executive in Folkestone, England
Current Employee - Executive in Folkestone, England

Pros

Fantastic atmosphere, environment and culture. I have the freedom to be creative in my role, try new things and am given the support and encouragement to develop and learn - something I've not had before and absolutely love! They have an amazing flexible working which means I can still be there for my family without having to worry!

Cons

i haven't got any cons I can think of.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing :)

Other Employee Reviews for Holiday Extras

1. "Satisfying and friendly"

Current Employee - Web Developer in Folkestone, England
    Current Employee - Web Developer in Folkestone, England

I have been working at Holiday Extras full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Holiday Extras are like no other company I've worked for. The freedom you are given with regards to working, ranging from working from home, to hot desking is great. The personal development budget is generous, and the opportunity to learn from resources, both internal and external is highly encouraged.

From day one, you feel like part of the team. Everyone - without exception - is friendly, and approachable? I imagine if you asked the CTO for a chat about an idea, they'd be more than happy to oblige.

The campus is open, spacious and has all the mod cons.. Showers for the more active of us, a sandwich stall serving freshly made food at lunch, table tennis, a pool table, foosball, a small library, and great room outdoors for recreation or relaxation during down time.

Events are put on often, consisting of sports days, lovely lunches (hog roast, BBQ, etc), and I'm told the yearly party is a sight to behold!

Benefits are ample, including profit share, corporate benefits (money off at high street and online shops and services). Training / conferences can be applied for in any field that is of a benefit to the company, or your personal development.

Located right off of exit 11 of the M20, and about a mile from the nearest train station, traveling to work is very easy for us south coast folk, even if you don't drive.

After only being here 6 weeks, I can't imagine being anywhere else. I've already learned a lot, and look forward to going to work each morning.

Cons

I can honestly say that in my time with HX, I cannot fault them. They really are an amazing company to work for.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great job! The transparency provided in the shout outs is very refreshing - knowing we're making a positive contribution to the business, and helping it grow only motivates us to work harder!

HX - you rock!

Holiday Extras Response

2 Sep 2015 – Head of People

Thank you so much. It always makes me, the rest of the leadership team, and the wider team thrilled and proud to read reviews like this. We do work super hard to make HX a great place to work - its... More

"Awesome Place to work"

I have been working at Holiday Extras full-time

Pros

Really awesome company to work for, really look after their staff. For example, employees often work form outside the office, pretty much from anywhere (as long as colleagues know where you are and how to contact you). The People Team (HR) run regular events for benefit of employees, such as 'well being' weeks, lunchtime Bar-b-q's, etc. Great training opportunities, and great communication throughout the company - very open place to work. Great environment to work in, modern, clean bright Offices - oh, and a times top 100 employer!

Cons

Fast-paced, hard working environment, can be very pressured and stressful environment at times