Holiday Extras - Really quite incredible | Glassdoor.co.uk

"Really quite incredible"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hythe, Kent, South East England, England

I have been working at Holiday Extras full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

There is really no other place like Holiday Extras. The leadership team are great, approachable and listen; there is an awesome benefits package offering great choice; with Anytime + I can work from anywhere so my work-life balance is great; people are hired on fit with a believe that skills can be taught - this means that everyone is really great to work with. I love the fast paced, the agility and the openness.

Cons

Really hard to find any here actually. At a push, I guess I'd say that you have to be pretty resilient as feedback flows easily (which is great actually as it helps drive performance).

Advice to Management

Doing a brilliant job - keep investing in great people!

Other Employee Reviews for Holiday Extras

1. "Best place I have ever worked!"

Current Employee - Executive in Folkestone, England
    Current Employee - Executive in Folkestone, England

Pros

Fantastic atmosphere, environment and culture. I have the freedom to be creative in my role, try new things and am given the support and encouragement to develop and learn - something I've not had before and absolutely love! They have an amazing flexible working which means I can still be there for my family without having to worry!

Cons

i haven't got any cons I can think of.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing :)

2. "Satisfying and friendly"

Current Employee - Web Developer in Folkestone, England
    Current Employee - Web Developer in Folkestone, England

I have been working at Holiday Extras full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Holiday Extras are like no other company I've worked for. The freedom you are given with regards to working, ranging from working from home, to hot desking is great. The personal development budget is generous, and the opportunity to learn from resources, both internal and external is highly encouraged.

From day one, you feel like part of the team. Everyone - without exception - is friendly, and approachable? I imagine if you asked the CTO for a chat about an idea, they'd be more than happy to oblige.

The campus is open, spacious and has all the mod cons.. Showers for the more active of us, a sandwich stall serving freshly made food at lunch, table tennis, a pool table, foosball, a small library, and great room outdoors for recreation or relaxation during down time.

Events are put on often, consisting of sports days, lovely lunches (hog roast, BBQ, etc), and I'm told the yearly party is a sight to behold!

Benefits are ample, including profit share, corporate benefits (money off at high street and online shops and services). Training / conferences can be applied for in any field that is of a benefit to the company, or your personal development.

Located right off of exit 11 of the M20, and about a mile from the nearest train station, traveling to work is very easy for us south coast folk, even if you don't drive.

After only being here 6 weeks, I can't imagine being anywhere else. I've already learned a lot, and look forward to going to work each morning.

Cons

I can honestly say that in my time with HX, I cannot fault them. They really are an amazing company to work for.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great job! The transparency provided in the shout outs is very refreshing - knowing we're making a positive contribution to the business, and helping it grow only motivates us to work harder!

HX - you rock!

Holiday Extras Response

2 Sep 2015 – Head of People

Thank you so much. It always makes me, the rest of the leadership team, and the wider team thrilled and proud to read reviews like this. We do work super hard to make HX a great place to work - its ... More