Homewise (UK) - Great company to work for! | Glassdoor.co.uk
  1. "Great company to work for!"

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Worthing, South East England, England

I have been working at Homewise (UK) full-time for less than a year

Pros

Friendly and caring team. Great atmosphere around the office. Recognise and celebrate valuable members of the team. Celebrate success. Energetic vibe through the team. Regular fun team events. Great location in town centre and near the beach!

Cons

Free car parking for the staff would be greatly appreciated. Close by and secured bikes parking would be great too for those cycling to work! Shower would be good too!

Advice to Management

Flexibility on time management would help work/life balance immensely.

Homewise (UK)2019-09-11

September 12, 2019Manager

I appreciate you leaving a review of your experience of working at Homewise. I couldn't agree more with you about the friendly and caring team, we have an amazing bunch of people. Thank you for your feedback around flexibility and free and secure parking. I am pleased to say very shortly we will be seeking all of our peoples views on shaping the future benefits offered at Homewise, so watch this space! Finally, I agree the location being near the sea is priceless, especially on those lunch time walks away from the hustle and bustle. Many thanks, Mike - HR Manager

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Friendly, passionate and fair place to work"

Current Employee - Customer Service Consultant in Littlehampton, England

I have been working at Homewise (UK) full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Kept well informed at all times regarding process, changes and general happenings that impact the role. - Encouraging and motivating management and team leaders who will always try to get the best out of you - Positive and friendly environment where questions are valued and appreciated as an eagerness to learn. - Collaborative across all departments, and all departments are willing to help where possible;... always looking for a solution to problems. - Success is celebrated brilliantly. - Progression is more than possible, with many members of the team starting in one position and rising through the ranks, plenty of opportunity to better yourself and your career. - Variation on workload, no 2 days the same and things will always be very interesting. - huge focus on employee wellbeing - Incredible care for customers, if you are genuinely a caring person this is the perfect place for you.

Cons

- Targets can be stressful at times, but this isn't due to the target itself but rather the shape of the market at certain times of the year. - A lot of administrative work that sometimes feels unnecessary, but not unmanageable.

Advice to Management

None.

Homewise (UK)2019-09-11

September 12, 2019Manager

I would like to thank you for leaving a great transparent review. I am pleased you pointed out our focus on employee wellbeing being huge. It has been a real focus for the People department this year. There is also plenty more coming up. I note that the targets can be stressful at times due to market conditions, but this seems to be improving as we are seeing people breaking target records. If you ever feel your targets are causing you unmanageable stress, please do speak to your line manager and the door is always open to come and speak with me. Finally I would like to fully agree that we genuinely do care about our customers and they are at the heart of what we do. Many thanks, Mike - HR Manager

2. "Changing lives on a daily basis!"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Worthing, South East England, England

I have been working at Homewise (UK) full-time for more than a year

Pros

Super people all doing what they can to change the lives of people in need. An amazing product that provides a clear alternative to equity release with a 'hold hand' approach, providing our customers with the care and attention they need. One big happy family, which resonates within our customers and stretches out to their children and extended family, ensuring all relevant people are included throughout. Some... great well-being options introduced and maintained in the last 12 months.

Cons

Basic pay and holiday are two areas that I would like Homewise to review in the future.

Homewise (UK)2019-09-24

September 24, 2019Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, it really is appreciated. Firstly, I completely agree with you that our people really are super and change the lives of people in need of our services. It is great that you have pointed out some areas of improvement one being the basic pay and the other being holiday entitlement. As you know we currently have our annual people survey taking place which I hope you have managed to take part in. In this survey we have a specific area around benefits as we are reviewing what our people want from a benefits package. We are also holding focus groups on the survey results, so feel free to drop me a line if you would like to be part of this if you are not already. In terms of basic pay, we have annual reviews to ensure our reward packages are competitive. We have also invested in specialist software this year which will support us with this yearly task. Finally I am pleased you mentioned our wellbeing initiatives that we have been focused on this year. I am excited to say there is still more exciting things to come, so watch this space! Many thanks, Mike - HR Manager

Discover more reviews about Homewise (UK).