Hostess Brands - Good company to expand your skills | Glassdoor.co.uk

There are newer employer reviews for Hostess Brands

"Good company to expand your skills"

Current Employee - Vice President Sales in Irving, TX (US)
Current Employee - Vice President Sales in Irving, TX (US)

Pros

Great brands and plenty of opportunity to work on projects and programs that you would not receive at larger companies

Cons

Bonus payout is sketchy but salary is good.

Advice to Management

Keep striving for efficiencies and provide better communication to the company

Other Employee Reviews for Hostess Brands

1. "We need to go back 30 years."

Current Employee - Route Salesman
    Current Employee - Route Salesman

Pros

It pays the bills, but just barley

Cons

Incompentance everywhere, It seems that the compant wants to survive but has know idea of how to do it. Makes cuts to personell at the wrong level and wrong people.

Advice to Management

Go back to the ideas that got you to where you were before things went bad. Let the local plants run themselves, GET RID OF ALL THE DAMN VARIETIES. sell the mail line and let the others try all the nickle and dime stuff. Let your sales staff do their job, Mr. Driscoll, Path To Market is a very bad idea, why have five people do the job of one? Get rid of the V.P.s we don't need 10 layers of management to do you job, and pay us what we are worth, you would be surprised what we could do if we were motovated (paid) to do so.

2. "Struggling to Gain Traction"

Pros

Hostess has solid financial backing and solid brands. Everyone wants to see the company succeed. Employees are loyal and hardworking.

Cons

The company has not successfully grown revenues. Its market share and quality are currently too weak to develop positive momentum.

Advice to Management

Take a fresh look at the company's assets (brands, infrastructure, employees, etc) and the market opportunity and reevaluate what key initiatives should be. The emphasis on brands and Path to Market has not been successful so far.