Hotjar - Best company I have worked for by far | Glassdoor.co.uk
  1. "Best company I have worked for by far"

Current Employee - Paid Marketing Specialist in York, England

I have been working at Hotjar full-time for less than a year

Pros

Rigorous recruitment process to ensure you are the right fit for the role and the role is right for you too Transparency Honesty Friendliness Lots of opportunity for personal development People who genuinely care and want to see you succeed People who listen and take feedback on board Regular 1:1s with your lead Trust Remote working Work the hours you are at your best

Cons

As long as you can manage your working time, ensuring you don't over-work yourself (which is a risk when working remote) there are no cons for me.

Advice to Management

I know I am not the only one to get wow moments almost every day at Hotjar, so continue as you are!

Hotjar2019-11-14

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Remote done right"

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at Hotjar for less than a year

Pros

This is the best employer I've been a part of based on how employees are valued and treated. It's ironic that all of the other places I've worked - which were not remote - could not come close to Hotjar in this regard. Outstanding company benefits, including professional development and home office budgets. Opportunities to take on projects and bring ideas to others across the company. Despite us all being... remote, we are able to connect with one another more easily than I've seen in other companies. You are trusted to do your job and to do it well. That means there isn't any micromanaging or any sort of passive-aggressive monitoring of your progress. I really appreciate this! Working remote definitely has its challenges, but Hotjar is committed to addressing them in a variety of ways that benefits its employees. I'm always in awe of how much they care about the progress of the company, employees, and the symbiotic relationship between those two factors.

Cons

While I perceive Hotjar to be a mature company in so many ways - it's still a startup that needs to move fast and sometimes that means having to shift plans and expectations dramatically. I don't believe this mentality suits everyone. I'm a contracted worker, so that's not really fun to deal with. Sometimes I miss the perks of 401k reimbursement at my last job, but I've slowly seemed to have found my way to... accepting this as worth the tradeoff given Hotjar's other benefits. It's so much harder to foster and encourage team synthesis remotely. I think Hotjar tackles this well, but it's never going to take away from the fact that this is really difficult! You have to work diligently as an employee to communicate and stay aligned with your team and company. It's all worth it - but still not for everyone, especially those used to not having to work hard to maintain their alignment to their team and workplace. It would be nice to have more opportunities to plan for growth within the company (if it's even possible). I have seen a great deal of progress from Hotjar recently so I don't expect this to be a con for long.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to your employee feedback, but encourage leadership to amp up the feedback for all employees looking to grow and improve. Continue to spend time fostering that team environment that you have already successfully created. Continue to keep things fun :) You're doing a great job.

Hotjar2018-10-26
  2. "Concept Does not Scale"

Former Employee - Devops Engineer

I worked at Hotjar full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good Perks, remote work location.

Cons

CEO has no idea of the future and the Marketshare he wants to get in the analytics market. Don't think this company will reach a peak growth. Typical European working attitude.

Hotjar2019-06-14

Discover more reviews about Hotjar.