Huntress - A company that could and should do much better. | Glassdoor.co.uk

There are newer employer reviews for Huntress

"A company that could and should do much better."

Current Employee - Consultant in London, England
Current Employee - Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Huntress full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company was formerly very entrepreneurial, however this spirit has been lost in recent months. The location of the office is superb.

Cons

Senior Management have recently left. Promises are rarely kept. A company that lacks clear direction and focus. e.g. two offices recently closing. the company rarely keeps its high achievers and often hires mediocre staff.

Advice to Management

honesty, more focus and direction, and consistency.

Other Employee Reviews for Huntress

1. "efinite pro's and cons - I've seen a lot worse"

Former Employee - Recruitment in London, England
    Former Employee - Recruitment in London, England

I worked at Huntress full-time (More than a year)

Pros

heavy focus on training & development, fast to promote and provide opportunities for personal growth, very hands on management style, lots of longevity

Cons

Finger pointing, scape goating culture when things go wrong, managers definitely play favourites - lack of consistency in decision making

2. "Best firm I ever worked for, I moved to Canada but will be back to Huntress upon returning to London"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at Huntress as a contractor

Pros

I was signed up with Huntress as a contractor for over 3 years from 2011 to 2014.
    In the last year I worked for them ( 2014) I managed to get top assignments with the most impressive professionals I ever got to work with.
    Not only that, but the agency director: Claire Stevens was impeccable in assisting me when there was a payroll glitch and I didn't receive my pay. The problem was solved within 24 hours.
    You receive personalized assistance here and you are not just a number.
    Recruiters take the time to listen to your expectations and ensure to match you with the right companies.
    When I left for Canada, my recruiter: Nicola Kinghorn sent me a glowing recommendation to show to future employers.
    I am forever indebted to all the wonderful recruiters who gave me a chance: Nicola,Carlie Davis, Vicky Smith,Sarah Rickard,Danielle Hugues, etc.
    I also appreciated dealing with Nadine Abrahams who was most gracious.
    You can be sure that upon returning to London, I will give a call to Huntress.

Cons

As everything in life, things are not going to be handed out to you on a silver platter, so you have to make yourself known and prove that you are the right candidate.
    Huntress deals with tons of contractors so you have to make yourself memorable and be reliable.
    As a French native with English as a Second Language but with Native Speaker abilities, I had to prove I was a contender. I showed up every morning at Huntress before 8:30 am so I could get a chance to be sent out on last minute assignments. I was given a chance which is something one never forgets when new to a country.
    Attitude is everything and if you persist and show you want to work and represent Huntress positively to their clients, you will get work.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing.