ICF - A good resume-builder | Glassdoor.co.uk

"A good resume-builder"

Current Employee - Associate in Fairfax, VA (US)
Current Employee - Associate in Fairfax, VA (US)

I have been working at ICF full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

On-job training through projects and formal certification ICF may facilitate; smart, engaged coworkers; opportunity to work on various projects.

Cons

Everyone is overworked. Company focuses on profits and growth (through acquisition -- not organic, as they talk about) at the expense of quality. Entry-level employees are vastly underpaid and expected to leave in a few years. Lateral moves are difficult. Bonuses are non-existent to laughably small.

Advice to Management

Invest in young employees so they become good managers if they choose to stay.

Other Employee Reviews for ICF

"Good place to work and learn"

Current Employee - Research Assistant in New Delhi (India)
    Current Employee - Research Assistant in New Delhi (India)

I have been working at ICF full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good work-life balance
    Small well rounded team

Cons

Limited growth opportunities
    Less attention to employee training

Advice to Management

Invest more in training employees

"Going down hill fast!"

Current Employee - Senior Associate
    Current Employee - Senior Associate

I have been working at ICF full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Current pros for the company itself are non-existent. I really like the peer group and lower level management with which I work. There are a lot of bright, talented, and motivated people here. The sad part is that senior management does not seem to value the employee at all anymore and is largely pushing the best talent out the door.

Cons

Great corporate 'policies' on work/life balance, company opportunities, upward mobility, etc. are now only rhetoric. I agree with much of what others here are saying. You are a number and not a human being to senior management. There is little communication or interaction between senior and middle management and zero communication between senior management and employees. Hours are long, pay is mediocre, and benefits are being cut at an alarming rate. This year I am having my sick time cut from 10 days to 1 day with up in salary or vacation/holidays to compensate while senior management and pay/bonuses go up by leaps and bounds. Internal systems and departments (e.g., IT, HR, and accounts) are horrible - these areas are constantly turning over due to immense job dissatisfaction. You can never get a hold of anyone with enough experience to help you.

Advice to Management

No advice for ICF management as they wouldn't listen anyways. The only advice I have is for ICF shareholders (Get out now!) and ICF competitors (Prepare to scoop up some prime talent).