"Dream job"

5.0

I have been working at InVision full-time for more than a year

Pros

Working at InVision is a privilege. The people are talented, intelligent, fun to work with and know how to get things done. No project is too big or ambitious. Resources are supplied to get great ideas off of the ground. The flexibility of working remotely is a huge bonus. Opportunities for growth are given to those that show ambition and deliver results. I can't recommend working here enough.

Cons

Onboarding could be standardized and use some improvement. The company is constantly growing (which is positive), but it inevitably leads to constantly evolving processes/structure which can be difficult to keep up with at times.

Continue reading
  1. "Great company"

5.0
    Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer in New York, NY
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at InVision full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great People and great product

Cons

none I can think of so far

"Great culture but poorly engineered product with bleak future"

Former Employee - Software Engineer
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at InVision full-time for more than a year

Pros

* Great culture with a lot of fun people. * Fully remote * Relaxed environment * Fun perks such as a monthly Bonusly budget, a lot of holidays, half day Fridays, monthly coffee budget, etc.

Cons

* Massive tech debt that's stalling growth with no real plans to fix the issues. * A lot of the code is poorly written and hard to maintain. * No consistency across code bases. For instance, there's a lot of duplicated code that's just copy/pasted all over. A bug in the copied code will be fixed in one place but left in the 3-4+ other places. * Teams feel very silo'd and weren't working together to solve problems that spanned the larger organization. * Inexperienced engineers in high positions making poor decisions. Junior engineers (senior and lower) aren't taken seriously and their voices not heard. * A lot of the management, including directors and higher, seem very lost and inexperienced as well. * Promotions feel like they're based on who's been there longer or who has the most to say, whether or not they know what they're talking about. InVision isn't necessarily a bad company to work for. They just have a lot of inexperienced people in positions of power and they're making a lot of poor decisions that are negatively affecting the future of the company. I felt like my career had stagnated for most of my time at InVision and I needed to get out to actually make use of my engineering skills and keep growing. I do miss most of the perks I listed but not at the cost of my career growth.

Continue reading

Discover more reviews about InVision.