Innovate UK - Extended a 6 month contract to 9 months, Great place to work & great colleagues. | Glassdoor.co.uk
  1. "Extended a 6 month contract to 9 months, Great place to work & great colleagues."

Former Contractor - Lead Digital Analyst in London, England

I worked at Innovate UK for less than a year

Pros

Personal experience - Very competitive contract rates although it was a position of need. Extremely flexible working throughout a variety of transport and health issuse, I was able to still contribute just as much from home as I could at the office, in terms of work at least.

Cons

-Location/Commute depending on where you live -Usual things a government organisation sees, budget squeezes, competition between tech vendors, lack of talented permanent employees for various reasons. No news here for anyone with public sector experience but maybe something for Graduates or anyone with only private sector experience to keep in mind. - Nothing at all that could be considered a major problem.

Advice to Management

Thumbs up from me to both the project managers I worked with as well as the numerous developers, UX designers, product owners and all the rest. Also helped out some other areas of the organisation and really don't have a bad thing to say.

Innovate UK2019-07-14

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Supportive and interesting place to work"

Current Employee - Compliance Executive

I have been working at Innovate UK full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good training opportunities, lots of opportunities to develop and progress, great managers.

Cons

benefits are changing and we have lost our bonus

Innovate UK2019-11-27
  2. "Bureaucracy, inconsistency, favoritism, bullying and intimidation"

Former Contractor - Monitoring Liaison Officer

I worked at Innovate UK for more than a year

Pros

flexible working arrangements, not much else

Cons

Gross inefficiency and inconsistency on how staff and contractors and projects are treated, lots of bullying and favoritism at the top with bias towards public sector organisations (university and other government departments) and harassment and intimidation of others, constant undermining of professional credibility, left hand not talking to the right hand, contractors consistently blamed for internal team issues,... workload pass the buck culture.

Advice to Management

The organisation claims to support innovation and business growth but its own processes and paperwork are the antithesis of innovation - despite a broad awareness of this throughout the organisation, there is little motivation to change, with added bureacracy becoming the norm slowing down not speeding up innovation. advice to management is - please employ senior staff that actually have appropriate industry... experience and understand how business works instead of ex-public sector bureaucrats who only care about process and not delivery.

Innovate UK2019-12-07

Discover more reviews about Innovate UK.