Insight - Please don't do it! | Glassdoor.co.uk

"Please don't do it!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ (US)
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ (US)

I have been working at Insight full-time

Pros

I can't think of one right now.

Cons

I've seen the reviews that you can come and go as you please, which is true for sales reps, but as for the rest of us it is sometimes an option but believe me, it comes with a huge price! It’s also not something you can do as you please or by any regular schedule. It’s given as perks sometimes for a questionable job well done, but please read on. The only way up is out! There is absolutely no training offered on career advancement or common ethical business practices. Pay cuts are not unusual and employees are under so much stress that leaves for stress related illness is a regular occurrence. It’s a rare occasion that I see a smile on the face of a corporate employee, they walk through the halls barely speaking to each other given the stressful environment; it's by far the grayest place I've ever worked!

Disastrous financial practices that need to be creatively shown to clients and the pressure is on employees to continue on with the same disastrous financial practices that got this company into hot water when they had to restate earnings not that long ago. If employees don't go along with Insight's sketchy approach to working with client funds they are threatened and harassed. Their method of creating invoices to increase stock prices up is deplorable! Insight has been trying to get on the Best Companies to Work For list and it makes me greatly concerned for anybody that would consider putting the required time and energy and huge risk of changing employment, relocation, etc., to become employed with this company!

The benefits might as well not be any at all! If you pay for the 'all the bells and whistles plan' that costs a bunch to be a part of, you'll soon come to find yourself with large suprising bills for things that most insurance plans cover. They're pushing to get everyone on the high deductible plan, but that offers in essence just coverage for huge problemsome medical issues. It's not a good plan for those who would like their familes to get regular wellness checks or basic illness treatment such as those for sinus infections, allergies, asthma, or even hurt limbs, etc.

In this job market, we cannot afford to not to be extremely careful with where we invest our time and our energy! Please, do yourself quite possibly the greatest favor of your life and seek employment with a company that cares about its employees and where your good energy and longevity will be rewarded not wasted!

Advice to Management

Take pride in Insight to make it an organization well worth changing jobs for!

Other Employee Reviews for Insight

1. "A great place to get your feet wet"

Current Employee - Accounts Executive in Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Accounts Executive in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I have been working at Insight full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Great training : they hand hold you through the 3 months of paid training.
    -Great benefits
    -Good cafeteria

Cons

-No job security
    -People get fired left right and center because it's government sponsored as they hire a specific quota that gives them this benefit. Insight, as I am aware, only starts paying you after your 3 months of training. If you can make it...
    -Some of the people they hire really makes you question you being there
    -With such a low base salary they work you to the bone and try to find ways to take your commission/spiffs from partners

Advice to Management

-Respect and appreciate your employees
    -Micromanagement is not always the best policy. If people genuinely work hard get off their case.

2. "Exciting - a make or break environment."

Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I worked at Insight full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you love the stress and action this is the place. No idle time here. There is an opportunity to make an income, be wise, learn and enjoy. It's a great moment to connect with clients and create amazing relationships. Just stay positive as best you can.

Cons

Be smart. Internal alliances shift quickly, training can be demanding at times. Some managers are fantastic; yet some are simply questionable in character and simply are in the wrong industry and career path.

Advice to Management

There are plenty of smart and dedicated individuals in this company. The stress level is very high. Lighten up on the huddles. C-Level, you have some great motivators, trim out the negativity and listen to employees. You will do much better.