Employee Review

Former Employee

Fantastic Place to Work!

25 Jan 2019 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

I worked at Instinct for nearly five years and enjoyed every minute of my time there! I joined the company with no prior recruitment experience but was able to hit the ground running very quickly after being trained and coached by both Directors, who were very hands-on and involved in developing their staff and had expert knowledge of the sector that the company specialises in. Over time, Matt & Mike developed a friendly, relaxed company culture, with a strong set of values, where everyone knew what was expected of them on a daily basis, so there was no micro-management. Throughout my time there, they continued to be on hand to provide advice and guidance and were really passionate about growing the company from within and developing you as a person, as well as an employee. You were also given the freedom to choose how you wanted your career to develop. The rest of the team were also a pleasure to work with and everyone got on very well. By the time I left, the team were consistently achieving personal and team incentives, which led to a number of trips abroad, award ceremonies and weekends away, all expenses paid! I left Instinct due to a relocation and was fully supported by both Directors, who helped make a stressful process a lot easier through their help and flexibility, which I'm extremely grateful for.

Cons

Due to an abundance of sweet treats that are constantly in the office, it may be difficult to maintain a healthy BMI...

3 people found this review helpful

Director

Whilst this is an anonymous review, obviously we know who you are! We 'd like to take this opportunity to thank you, not only for the review but for all the effort and energy that you put in to helping us create the culture that we have today. 5 years is a long tenure of continuous employment and you were integral in the development of the business over this period, enjoying many of the reward incentives along the way. We miss you, but wish you well - thanks and all the very best for the future!

Other Employee Reviews

1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Fun place to work!

17 May 2021 - Talent Executive in Manchester, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Instinct is a fun place to work, full of lively characters making the days enjoyable. The managers provide lots of incentives to help you work towards your goals including monthly, all expenses paid, lunch clubs across the city! I am a total new comer to recruitment and have been pleasantly surprised by the job and I think this is definitely down to the company. The team supports your professional development from day one - showing how you can progress at Instinct, and as long as you work hard promotions seem to be very achievable. What is very encouraging is that they reward you for other factors not just sales. For instance, activity achieved each week and monthly rewards such as ‘Brand Representative’ of the month. This helps with motivation - especially when you may have struggled to hit sales targets for the month. At Instinct there is a real sense of team work, so many of the staff me members are more than willing to put aside time to help each other. This has been so valuable, helping me learn fast and make great working relationships with the team. A really rewarding and enjoyable job at a great company!

Cons

This isn’t a con if you aren’t afraid to work hard -but to do well here you must be willing to put the effort in to achieve your goals. However if you do, this is most definitely rewarded.

Be the first to find this review helpful

Director

It's so lovely to hear that you are enjoying your time with Instinct and that you've been made to feel welcome and the team are supporting your training and development requirements. Thanks for taking time to post a review, and all the very best for a hugely successful future with the company!👍

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great company to work for

26 Feb 2021 - Higher Education Talent Manager in Manchester City Centre, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

There is fantastic team culture. It's a huge cliche but I genuinely do get on with everyone here and the socials are brilliant. Mike and Matt have really looked after me since starting. I started at Instinct two months before the uncertainty of COVID started and they both handled the situation in an exemplary fashion. They always offer advice, and they really do reward hard work (I have been promoted twice in my first year!)

Cons

No cons at this moment in time.

1 person found this review helpful

Director

Huge credit to you for achieving 2x promotions during 2020 (not your usual year) and specifically in your first year with Instinct, it's an incredible achievement! Congratulations and all the best for your future with the company - big things await you!

Discover more reviews about Instinct Resourcing.