IntaPeople - Put in the effort and the job satisfaction will come | Glassdoor.co.uk

"Put in the effort and the job satisfaction will come"

Former Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in Cardiff, Wales

I worked at IntaPeople full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

IntaPeople are a good company to work for. They have a good 12 week training plan for newbies/trainee consultants, and a good mentoring system when you graduate from the training programme. There is a team culture, where everyone is encouraged to help each other and share in each other's success. The commission scheme is excellent, you are rewarded with a % share of every successful placement, with no minimum... threshold and no maximum cap. The company's values are very much about working in partnership with clients and candidates. Good ethical company.

Cons

The only downside is pretty much the same as every other recruitment company and typical of the recruitment industry in general, i.e. You work long hours in a very competitive industry.

Advice to Management

After a year or so some people work well under their own steam and to their own plan, however most of 'us' would gave benefitted from weekly/monthly 1-2-1 brief review meetings and mentoring. It's only now that I'm not working in the office every day do I realise how good we had it. I think with a little more prompting/monitoring/coaching and personal accountability the consultants would do even better, with... further success they'd work better as a team, and therefore the company as a whole would feel better.

IntaPeople2018-05-01

May 2, 2018Marketing Executive

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and for your constructive improvement points. We are glad you enjoyed your time working here and wish you all the best for the future.

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Not Family Friendly"

I worked at IntaPeople full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Some nice people worked there.

Cons

Where to start? Forget working here if you are over 25, have a family (that you wish to see) or want any type of work-life balance. Some things just aren't worth it. They want you to work until 7 pm or 8 pm every night but arrive 5 minutes late the next day? Big trouble! Set yourself and do it for yourself. The restrictive Covenants they have in the contract aren't worth the paper they are written on and a... restraint of trade! They won't test them in court!

Advice to Management

Treat people as adults!

IntaPeople2018-10-31

November 21, 2018Operations Director

Dear ‘Anonymous Employee’, In response to your recent review; having traded as a successful recruitment business in Cardiff for over 24 years, during which time we have looked after our staff with various incentives such as; unlimited commission earnings, regular staff events, annual social trips, flexibility around holidays and time-off, etc., it is disappointing when a former disgruntled employee blames the company for their own personal failings. The accusations within your review are nonsense. We suspect the review has been written by a former employee who now works at a competitor company, and as such it is in their interest to try to harm our good name and reputation as an employer of choice. In response to a number of your allegations: many of our employees (several of whom have worked at IntaPeople for in-excess of 10 years), have children and manage a happy work-life balance with us and their families. You state our company has a ‘negative outlook’ and you ‘disapprove of the CEO’, yet we have traded successfully for 24 years (we must be doing something right 😊), with the same CEO (who is a married man with two children, a grandchild, and a happy work-life balance). Your statement of “they want you to work until 7pm or 8pm every night” is farcical. Contracted hours are 9am-5:45pm Mon to Thurs and 9am-5:15pm on a Friday (with a 1 hr lunch-break on each day). No-one is asked to work in the office until 7pm or 8pm every night!. A number of our employees do work longer hours, (but that’s recruitment) however we also appreciate the importance of time off and often reward our employees with additional holidays and flexible time off vouchers. In response to your comments “treat people like adults” and “arrive 5 minutes late, big trouble!”. In recent years we have only had to issue a written warning to one employee, who was consistently late (often several times a month), and who regularly refused to conform to the companies request to be at their desk by 9am. This employee eventually left due to their own failings, their own lack of discipline, and, as it was later discovered, their underhand ‘plan’ to remove confidential/valuable information from our company for their own benefit. And a final thought… if things were as bad as you have (falsely) implied, why stay and work with us for in excess of 5 years? - There is a underhand, deceitful and dishonest intent behind your review.!

2. "The people make it!"

I worked at IntaPeople full-time

Pros

Coming straight from education this was my first experience in 'business', however the support I received from the management team was great. They were always on hand to have a chat and offer some words of wisdom if needed. Starting the role I was taken through a 12 week training program with 3 other new starters. The training was thorough and expectations of the role were clear. What really makes this company are... the people, they hire as much for the role as they do for the cultural fit and this is so important when you are spending some long hours in the office!

Cons

Yes the hours are long but that's no secret when you join....this is also not specific to this company as it is common across the recruitment sector.

Advice to Management

Keep rewarding and recognising the people who are achieving and keep supporting the ones who need it.

IntaPeople2018-05-02

May 3, 2018Marketing Executive

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are pleased to hear your positive comments about our management team.

Discover more reviews about IntaPeople.