"Your opinion and feedback is useless."

2.0
    Current Employee - Shift Leader in Nottingham, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at J D Wetherspoon full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

You get to work with a great team of people. Your regulars become part of your family. The training structure is strong.

Cons

Very abusive customers on a regular basis. Unsociable hours. Management fob you off and don’t listen to any feedback. Pay does not reflect your job and responsibilities e.g a shift leader does the same job as a duty manager yet big pay difference and benefits.

J D Wetherspoon2018-11-05

J D Wetherspoon Response

November 14, 2018Senior Recruitment Advisor

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, your feedback will be discussed in our weekly meetings, and I would encourage you to give feedback directly to your area manager or call and speak with someone in the P&T Department if you think there are improvements to be made at a pub level. We do not tolerate customers miss treating our staff .

"Business Manager"

I have been working at J D Wetherspoon

Pros

Great work and co-workers. Challenging, but satisfying way to grow professionally . This job will stretch you! I enjoy the work but wait for the cons.

Cons

Management lack of people skills. Although good business acumen, management treats employees like crap. No coaching skills at all.. many have moved on because of treatment.

J D Wetherspoon2018-05-15

"Horrendous"

1.0
    Team Leader in Wakefield, MA

I worked at J D Wetherspoon for more than a year

Pros

Gained friendships. Money off food on shift. You're always busy..

Cons

Zero hours contract so one week I could earn an amazing amount and the next be so broke I can't afford transport to and from work. Taxis as I did a lot of late shifts. Management allow bullying to take place. Management are supposed to back you up if someone is drunk or rude etc.. but in my experience they haven't done this at all. Promised the world promotion wise and they gave someone else the job that was lined up for me. Made me do kitchen training when it wasn't needed or even noted down. Expect to be spoken to like rubbish from customers, staff members and management. Very long shifts if staff decide to not turn up or get drunk the night before (this happens ALOT)

J D Wetherspoon2016-04-11

J D Wetherspoon Response

April 18, 2016Recruitment & Training Systems Manager

Thank you for your comments, we will pass your all of them on for further discussion and investigation. Just to pick up on your feedback around hours, we do not work with zero hour contracts at all as a company, we agree a minimum guaranteed hours when we employ to minimise the fluctuation in hours.

Discover more reviews about J D Wetherspoon.