J D Wetherspoon - Bar Associate | Glassdoor.co.uk
  1. "Bar Associate"

Former Employee - Bar Associate in Manchester, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at J D Wetherspoon part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There are usually friendly people that work there, and a fun working environment. They also provide food and drink discount when on shift and not on shift.

Cons

You work very late, way past the closing time in most cases. The job does tend to give physical difficulties after a while, such as problems with your back. Safety in managing heaving things and standing up for long periods of time is quite neglected.

Advice to Management

Employ people who are friendly to staff, as well as efficient/experienced, as abrasion between staff is the commonest pattern i see.

J D Wetherspoon2018-11-12

"Business Manager"

I have been working at J D Wetherspoon

Pros

Great work and co-workers. Challenging, but satisfying way to grow professionally . This job will stretch you! I enjoy the work but wait for the cons.

Cons

Management lack of people skills. Although good business acumen, management treats employees like crap. No coaching skills at all.. many have moved on because of treatment.

Advice to Management

Get a clue.

J D Wetherspoon2018-05-15

"Horrendous"

Team Leader in Wakefield, MA

I worked at J D Wetherspoon for more than a year

Pros

Gained friendships. Money off food on shift. You're always busy..

Cons

Zero hours contract so one week I could earn an amazing amount and the next be so broke I can't afford transport to and from work. Taxis as I did a lot of late shifts. Management allow bullying to take place. Management are supposed to back you up if someone is drunk or rude etc.. but in my experience they haven't done this at all. Promised the world promotion wise and they gave someone else the job that was... lined up for me. Made me do kitchen training when it wasn't needed or even noted down. Expect to be spoken to like rubbish from customers, staff members and management. Very long shifts if staff decide to not turn up or get drunk the night before (this happens ALOT)

Advice to Management

I wouldn't even bother giving advice it's that much of a joke.

J D Wetherspoon2016-04-11

Discover more reviews about J D Wetherspoon.