1. "Associate"

4.0
    Former Employee - Associate

I worked at J D Wetherspoon part-time for more than a year

Pros

Weekend nights are a lot of fun to work. Great coworkers. Head office generally listens to you; they revised the tipping policy because of employees being unhappy about it. Nice regulars. Very decent pay for my age group. There's always a good atmosphere in the pubs; lively and enjoyable place to work.

Cons

Can get pretty rowdy and there's often drama. I had to quit as the managers just would not let me book days off. They always "forgot" despite me taking the proper procedures. Working floor can actually be pretty stressful.

"Business Manager"

I have been working at J D Wetherspoon

Pros

Great work and co-workers. Challenging, but satisfying way to grow professionally . This job will stretch you! I enjoy the work but wait for the cons.

Cons

Management lack of people skills. Although good business acumen, management treats employees like crap. No coaching skills at all.. many have moved on because of treatment.

Continue reading

"Horrendous"

1.0
    Team Leader in Wakefield, MA

I worked at J D Wetherspoon for more than a year

Pros

Gained friendships. Money off food on shift. You're always busy..

Cons

Zero hours contract so one week I could earn an amazing amount and the next be so broke I can't afford transport to and from work. Taxis as I did a lot of late shifts. Management allow bullying to take place. Management are supposed to back you up if someone is drunk or rude etc.. but in my experience they haven't done this at all. Promised the world promotion wise and they gave someone else the job that was lined up for me. Made me do kitchen training when it wasn't needed or even noted down. Expect to be spoken to like rubbish from customers, staff members and management. Very long shifts if staff decide to not turn up or get drunk the night before (this happens ALOT)

Continue reading

J D Wetherspoon Response

Recruitment & Training Systems Manager

Thank you for your comments, we will pass your all of them on for further discussion and investigation. Just to pick up on your feedback around hours, we do not work with zero hour contracts at all as a company, we agree a minimum guaranteed hours when we employ to minimise the fluctuation in hours.

Discover more reviews about J D Wetherspoon.