1. "Great company to work for"

5.0
    Current Employee - Shift Manager in Liverpool, England

I have been working at J D Wetherspoon full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

It’s good pay, 28 days holiday a year 40 hour per week. You can apply for shares with the company after you’ve been with them for 18 months (free money) you can apply for a flexible rota after you have been with the company 26 weeks and they will try there best to help. Free meals and soft drink on your breaks. 50% discount when you work for your meals and soft drinks and 20% on meals and alcohol when your off. Great opportunity to process in the company.

Cons

There are no cons for me.

"Business Manager"

I have been working at J D Wetherspoon

Pros

Great work and co-workers. Challenging, but satisfying way to grow professionally . This job will stretch you! I enjoy the work but wait for the cons.

Cons

Management lack of people skills. Although good business acumen, management treats employees like crap. No coaching skills at all.. many have moved on because of treatment.

Continue reading

"Horrendous"

1.0
    Team Leader in Wakefield, MA

I worked at J D Wetherspoon for more than a year

Pros

Gained friendships. Money off food on shift. You're always busy..

Cons

Zero hours contract so one week I could earn an amazing amount and the next be so broke I can't afford transport to and from work. Taxis as I did a lot of late shifts. Management allow bullying to take place. Management are supposed to back you up if someone is drunk or rude etc.. but in my experience they haven't done this at all. Promised the world promotion wise and they gave someone else the job that was lined up for me. Made me do kitchen training when it wasn't needed or even noted down. Expect to be spoken to like rubbish from customers, staff members and management. Very long shifts if staff decide to not turn up or get drunk the night before (this happens ALOT)

Continue reading

J D Wetherspoon Response

Recruitment & Training Systems Manager

Thank you for your comments, we will pass your all of them on for further discussion and investigation. Just to pick up on your feedback around hours, we do not work with zero hour contracts at all as a company, we agree a minimum guaranteed hours when we employ to minimise the fluctuation in hours.

Discover more reviews about J D Wetherspoon.