J D Wetherspoon - Wetherspoons | Glassdoor.co.uk
  1. "Wetherspoons"

Current Employee - Kitchen Team Leader in Cambridge, England

I have been working at J D Wetherspoon full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great bonuses if you work well. A good company to work for if you really want to go up the ladder, it's easy to get promoted if you work for it. More than minimum wage at most wetherspoons pubs.

Cons

In a busy wetherspoon it is a very stressful environment. Massive staff turnover in busy times of the year like summer holidays and Christmas which can bring the team down, as well as up. Training so many people when busy can be hectic.

Advice to Management

Need more reasons for people to stay. Even better wages would be nice for the busy pubs as we always want to leave as the pay doesn't seem good enough for the stress we are put under, especially in the kitchen.

J D Wetherspoon2016-01-09

"Business Manager"

I have been working at J D Wetherspoon

Pros

Great work and co-workers. Challenging, but satisfying way to grow professionally . This job will stretch you! I enjoy the work but wait for the cons.

Cons

Management lack of people skills. Although good business acumen, management treats employees like crap. No coaching skills at all.. many have moved on because of treatment.

Advice to Management

Get a clue.

J D Wetherspoon2018-05-15

"Horrendous"

Team Leader in Wakefield, MA

I worked at J D Wetherspoon for more than a year

Pros

Gained friendships. Money off food on shift. You're always busy..

Cons

Zero hours contract so one week I could earn an amazing amount and the next be so broke I can't afford transport to and from work. Taxis as I did a lot of late shifts. Management allow bullying to take place. Management are supposed to back you up if someone is drunk or rude etc.. but in my experience they haven't done this at all. Promised the world promotion wise and they gave someone else the job that was... lined up for me. Made me do kitchen training when it wasn't needed or even noted down. Expect to be spoken to like rubbish from customers, staff members and management. Very long shifts if staff decide to not turn up or get drunk the night before (this happens ALOT)

Advice to Management

I wouldn't even bother giving advice it's that much of a joke.

J D Wetherspoon2016-04-11

Discover more reviews about J D Wetherspoon.