"Good company"

5.0
    Current Employee - Kitchen Associate in Manchester City Centre, England

I have been working at J D Wetherspoon full-time for less than a year

Pros

Flexible hours, usually able to get time off when necessary, fantastic atmosphere and colleagues, the 50% off food and drink during shift is good, some drinks are free

Cons

Can get very very busy which is quite stressful, the work can be monotonous and repetitive, but what job isn't

J D Wetherspoon Response

February 15, 2016Recruitment & Training Systems Manager

We appreciate your feedback, thank you. Getting the right balance, and offering good, relevant benefits are things we look long and hard at. We agree that it's not acceptable to be on mobiles at work - no matter who you are, the customer should be your focus, not your phone.

"Business Manager"

I have been working at J D Wetherspoon

Pros

Great work and co-workers. Challenging, but satisfying way to grow professionally . This job will stretch you! I enjoy the work but wait for the cons.

Cons

Management lack of people skills. Although good business acumen, management treats employees like crap. No coaching skills at all.. many have moved on because of treatment.

"Horrendous"

1.0
    Team Leader in Wakefield, MA

I worked at J D Wetherspoon for more than a year

Pros

Gained friendships. Money off food on shift. You're always busy..

Cons

Zero hours contract so one week I could earn an amazing amount and the next be so broke I can't afford transport to and from work. Taxis as I did a lot of late shifts. Management allow bullying to take place. Management are supposed to back you up if someone is drunk or rude etc.. but in my experience they haven't done this at all. Promised the world promotion wise and they gave someone else the job that was lined up for me. Made me do kitchen training when it wasn't needed or even noted down. Expect to be spoken to like rubbish from customers, staff members and management. Very long shifts if staff decide to not turn up or get drunk the night before (this happens ALOT)

J D Wetherspoon Response

April 18, 2016Recruitment & Training Systems Manager

Thank you for your comments, we will pass your all of them on for further discussion and investigation. Just to pick up on your feedback around hours, we do not work with zero hour contracts at all as a company, we agree a minimum guaranteed hours when we employ to minimise the fluctuation in hours.

Discover more reviews about J D Wetherspoon.