J.P. Morgan - So far so good | Glassdoor.co.uk

"So far so good"

Current Employee - Customer Assistance Specialist in Tempe, AZ (US)
Current Employee - Customer Assistance Specialist in Tempe, AZ (US)

I have been working at J.P. Morgan full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Chase provides1 month of training before they put us on the floor. They had a active CAS manager attend training with the trainger since so much has changed since the last training 1 year ago.

Cons

Since there has been such a long streach without hirring into this position the training is a bit disorganized

Advice to Management

Nothing yet

Other Employee Reviews for J.P. Morgan

1. "Great place to work if you are in the right department"

Former Employee - Software Developer in Chicago, IL (US)
    Former Employee - Software Developer in Chicago, IL (US)

I worked at J.P. Morgan full-time

Pros

Its a very relaxed atmosphere, I was lucky to have a hands off manager who left me alone.
    To get ahead you need to know the right people and then prove you can handle the projects assigned. Once you do that and the upper management knows you are set and you will get all the good projects.

Being a huge company there are lots of opportunities to join extra curricular activities such as volunteering, mentoring, recruiting, and etc.

I met a lot of great people here, sure there are cliques but generally people are friendly and open.

The work life balance is generally good from my experience. You are allowed to work from home whenever you need to.

Good PTO.

Cons

Pay is somewhat low. I did the same amount of work as people getting paid almost twice as much as me, but because they worked here longer they got a lot higher paycheck.

Lots of red tape if you are a developer, the computers are bogged down by slow software. Its affects productivity a lot. If only they spent more on technology such as projectors/wifi in conference room, employees can be more productive.

Advice to Management

Increase pay and rely less on contractors.

"Get ready to be your manager's personal SLAVE"

Former Employee - Analyst in Houston, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Analyst in Houston, TX (US)

I worked at J.P. Morgan full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Vacation (4 weeks) - but you generally don't get to use your time off
    -Benefits Package
    -401K

Cons

-MANAGEMENT - this is the biggest con I have. Hands down, my manager was the worst! He was known for having high analyst turnover and abusing his employees. Upper level management even thought it was funny that he was so harsh and inconsiderate. He basked in his ability to humiliate and belittle everyone around him. Most people hated him and knew he terrorized me, but did nothing. He expected me to work around the clock with disregard for my own personal life. I could barely go to the doctor or take vacation days to rest after working 70-80+ for weeks on end. The work load was intense and not reasonable. On many occasions he would yell at me and make me feel uncomfortable around my peers. There were days when I would cry myself to sleep only to wake up the next day and drag myself back into the Hell my manager created day. Talks with HR and my so called Analyst Manager about the abuse fell on deaf ears. This place was an absolute NIGHTMARE! The awful things I experienced here have left a deep scare and even deeper hatred for my manager and JPMorgan.

My advice to anyone actually considering employment here to think twice. If you value work / life balance this is not the place for your. If you value diversity, honesty, and integrity, this is not the place for you. If you're looking for management that doesn't pick it's favorites and doesn't concentrate on race, this place isn't for you.

Advice to Management

FIRE bad managers!