Employee Review

Current Employee

Great culture

Apr 27, 2021 - Project Manager in London, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

very good culture very good perks

Cons

promotion process convoluted and political

Be the first to find this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

very collaborative, tons of learning

Jul 31, 2021 - Software Engineer in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

There are so many people who are experts in their field and can help you or collaborate with you.

Cons

nothing yet, so far I have had a wonderful experience and don't see any cons yet

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

They don't care about tech

Jul 12, 2021 - Software Developer in Columbus, OH
    Business Outlook

Pros

If you are an employee then you're treated fairly well.

Cons

The business does not listen to technology people. My team became more productive during the 2020 work from home. And the 2021 kerfuffle and lack of planning only caused stress among the tech staff - dates/times for return to office changed on a whim. What really gets me is how management DOES NOT CARE about you. Many people rightfully complained that it is difficult to schedule their lives around a constantly changing return to office schedule. And instead of doing anything, there was a mass email basicallh saying 'thanks for complaining, deal with the stress and stop bothering us'. Cultural stuff - I was on a line of business call with our leaders and found out the hard way that they really do not care about mental health or the LGBTQ+ community. I brought up the fact that several mental health conditions would cause people to struggle with a rotating office schedule and a fixed one would be better. I was hoping for either the fixed schedule or a recommendation to use an internal mental health source - at least lip service. Instead I was told that everyone has to deal with their own problems and find your own help. Took until after I put in my 2 week notice and were hemorrhaging tech talent till they actually gave people mental health resources to help transition out of the pandemic. Also, if you are a contractor you are at best a second class citizen.

Continue reading
    8 people found this review helpful

Discover more reviews about J.P. Morgan.