Japan Tobacco International - Trade Insight Manager | Glassdoor.co.uk

"Trade Insight Manager"

Current Employee - Trade Insight Manager in Weybridge, England
Current Employee - Trade Insight Manager in Weybridge, England

I have been working at Japan Tobacco International full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Opportunities to influence strategic decisions and to work across multiple trading channels.

Cons

Continuous legislative restrictions which limit marketing involvement to drive business.

Other Employee Reviews for Japan Tobacco International

1. "Could be better/ could be worse"

I have been working at Japan Tobacco International part-time

Pros

There's a lot of freedom and nobody there is a particularly harsh taskmaster. The job is easy. You can train to do different things.

Cons

Dull work, many things don't work in the warehouse, company not willing to spend money on decent equipment despite having large turnover.

"Never Been Happier"

Current Employee - Associate in Manchester, England
    Current Employee - Associate in Manchester, England

I have been working at Japan Tobacco International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I work at the BSC in Manchester and over the short time I have been here the culture has changed for the better. The current management have not been in the company long (I've heard all but one less then a few years) and are changing things.
    The place is becoming a really good environment to work and looks promising for the future.
    JTI is a huge multinational company with lots of opportunities (if you are willing to travel) and even some locally if you are not. You just need to think outside the box and make the most of the opportunities.
    If you want to just come in do your 9-5 and go home, not engage with others and not try to better yourself or the company, this may not be the right company for you.
    The benefits are plentiful: Private healthcare, discount on cycling equipment, cashback at most major high-street retailers, Doctor@Hand is a new service where you can get prescriptions without visiting a GP etc. The ability to purchase extra days holidays, multiple staff parties a year... I could go on.
    To do well in JTI work hard, be imaginative, think outside the box and make an effort to engage with people.

Cons

Current office is dated (we are moving to a new office, so this will soon be a pro!)
    There are people who just don't get the adult environment which is being created, for example some people are "lost" when not being told exactly what to do and it can be hard to work with them. Also there are some team leads who are obviously still behind the times cant let go of the reigns they have on their team members.

Advice to Management

Top level management Keep doing what you are doing - I can clearly see the difference its making.
    Team Leads (Does not apply to all) - Let go and let your people get on with their jobs, embrace the adult environment and let them manage there own time and workload.

Japan Tobacco International Response

10 May 2017 – General Manager, JTI Manchester

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at JTI Manchester. It makes me particularly happy to hear that you feel this way. My intention is that all colleagues feel the same way. It... More