Japan Tobacco International - Great company to work for | Glassdoor.co.uk
  1. "Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Weybridge, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Japan Tobacco International full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Flexible working Good training Dress down Good benefits package Nice environment

Cons

Lots of process Very little progression Management is inexperienced at some levels

Advice to Management

Put in place better opportunities for progression to retain talented employees.

Japan Tobacco International2019-09-04

"If your face fits you’ll go a long way personally bullied and segregated by management"

Former Employee - Finance in Manchester, England

I worked at Japan Tobacco International full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great health care, holidays, pension (but min contribution has been upped so people struggling to stay in it), Christmas party (but every move is watched by management), bonus, nice location with free parking. Most people stay here because of the people they work with are good people but too many good people have left now.

Cons

No support from TL’s they just bow down to management. If you disagree or have an opinion your cards marked again the same if you’ve been off on long term sick. Management only have time for the staff that jump when they say, you might get a ‘hi’ from senior team or a smile but no conversation that’s only for the people they like. This place has a ‘black hole’ where many staff disappear when their face doesn’t fit.... Management lie to your face to cover up their wrong doings. So much is covered up by the management team that I expect if HQ really knew what went on here they would loose their jobs. I’ve worked here for many years but have found that people only progress if they ‘like’ you. I could go on and on but feel it would not change the way things are here it’s more of a warning to others thinking of joining this company. There is no looking after the staff or treating them as human beings more the ‘needs of the business’ so staff are cast aside and not treated respectfully more like children.

Advice to Management

Dont bother replying to my review I’ve worked many years listening to your lies. Staff are too scared to report problems/issues to the management team or higher up as it then means your cards are marked and you’ll find yourself being pushed out. Many good honest functional leads / staff have been pushed out over the years and the reviews you put on here are false and inaccurate. Get rid of your management team... from my personal experience some are just bullies and uses their status to block any progression or opportunities if they dont like you. They like to silence the people with voices which makes a mockery of the ‘Your Voice’ system you have in place for people to speak up.

Japan Tobacco International2019-07-28
  2. "Cool and friendly team, supportive environment"

Former Employee - Market Analyst in Weybridge, England

I worked at Japan Tobacco International full-time

Pros

Friendly team manager and colleagues Supportive culture Excellent pension scheme and benefits

Cons

Basic pay doesn’t rise fast enough with experience and market conditions Senior management changes and it’s a lottery sometimes

Advice to Management

Better pay and benefits for good workers if you want to retain them

Japan Tobacco International2019-05-18

Discover more reviews about Japan Tobacco International.