There are newer employer reviews for KPMG

"Great place to build a career...if they let you finish it there."

Former Employee - Senior Associate in Montvale, NJ (US)
Former Employee - Senior Associate in Montvale, NJ (US)

I worked at KPMG full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A few years ago the company was great on work/life balance, employee satisfaction (as evidenced by their survey approval ratings) and community service. The atmosphere was great and it was a fun place to work. My former colleagues and I would even schedule community service activities and use our 12 paid hours to go out and help others, which was a great feeling. I am giving 4 stars overall because I couldn't choose 3.5 and also based on the fact that I learned a lot of things in my time there. The people are very talented people, and most of them are very nice...I found some good friends here so that bumps it up to 4 instead of down to 3.

Cons

Eventually, things started to change. The work/life balance disappeared...this all started with round, after round, after round, after round of layoffs and outsourcing. The office topic became about "who was working until midnight last night" or "who worked this weekend." Silly office politics started to come into play and people eventually seemed to forget how to smile.

Advice to Management

Recognize the talent of your employees. Stop looking to make the review process ever more difficult and stop playing silly office politics and giving better reviews to people who do less work but are favorites for whatever subjective reason. Some people here work very hard and are overlooked, overworked and are the ones that are usually given crap while others are allowed to coast by. Be fair to everyone and show more appreciation for your employees. And for crying out loud, remember to have fun! A dull workplace makes for a poor workplace.

Other Employee Reviews for KPMG

"Could do better"

Current Employee - Senior Associate
    Current Employee - Senior Associate

I have been working at KPMG full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you have the right PML, you have a good chance of being promoted and getting decent salary increases. Again, if you have a good PML you will learn a lot and be exposed to the right members of leadership.

Cons

Promotion bonus was $950. What's to strive for when a promo bonus is that small? The "high performance culture" is a joke.... You have people working their butts off to be a high performer and then there's people who do just enough to get by and are rated the same and/or promoted.

Advice to Management

Pay your employees better, be more transparent about the review process. Focus on ALL your employees not just CSD.

2. "Good company..."

Pros

Benefits are good. People are good.

Cons

If you are not an accountant, it can be difficult to fit in...