Employee Review

Current Employee, less than 1 year

It's About People.

Mar 3, 2022 - Building Services Manager in Cambridge, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Personally I feel that the biggest part of your working day is who you spend you time with. The Kier team are a friendly bunch of people who will assist you if they can. Since joining Kier I have found everyone to be helpful in guiding you in the direction so you understand what is expected of you. Each site consists of friendly helpful people, and for me, that's what makes it great to work at Kier.

Cons

In the Building Services role, you need to cover all sites and keep up with demand, this can be challenging at times, but it is down to the individual to use their time productively and efficiently. Getting the balance right is a skill you have to learn!

Continue reading

Kier Group Response

Hi there, thanks for your feedback! We're really pleased to hear that you feel supported and are part of a friendly team! This is the type of culture and environment that we want to be created in all aspects of the company. In regards to your cons, we appreciate that at times workload can be high and keeping up with demand can be a challenge - we'd never want things to get too much for our employees, so if it ever does, we encourage you to use lines of support such as your line manager or HR business partner. Thanks again!

1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Strong leadership with great empowerment, a very inclusive and forward thinking organisation to work for

Oct 17, 2021 - Commercial Director
    Business Outlook

Pros

Visible and accessible strong leadership from senior management. Excellent development and engagement to make you feel valued and rewarded. Great employee benefits such as pensions, sharesaves and discount schemes

Cons

None, except the industry as a whole finds it difficult to attract people to a very enjoyable construction and infrastructure market sector

Continue reading

Kier Group Response

At Kier, we recognise that our employees are our greatest asset and it's fantastic to see that you're taking advantage of some of the brilliant benefits we have on offer and that you've felt supported in your personal development. Thank you for leaving a review, like you said it can be hard to attract top talent, but our employees reviews all help contribute towards our employer brand! Thanks, Employer Brand Coordinator

2. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great company

Jun 21, 2021 - Recruitment Manager in Bedford, MI
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great divisions regionally, group isn't fun

Cons

Shame about the ivory towers

Employer Brand Coordinator

Thanks for your review! We really appreciate your feedback.

Discover more reviews about Kier Group.