There are newer employer reviews for Kimberly-Clark

Doesn't Care About Their Contract Employees!

Former Contractor - Customer Service in Neenah, WI (US)
Former Contractor - Customer Service in Neenah, WI (US)

I worked at Kimberly-Clark as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

OK pay... and that's it

Cons

Where do I start.. When hiring you for this temporary customer service position they tell you it will be at least a year with a GREAT chance of being hired on directly. While there, numerous employees were being cut every day, after only being there for a few months, for no reason at all except "it's for the good of the company". The management does not take the time to get to know you. They will cut you in a second without thinking about it, and without care of your current situation. They're shifty, dishonest, and indirect. They'll never let you know what's going on with your own job. If you ask questions they'll cut you. You leave work every day not knowing if you'll have a job the next day. Would not recommend!

Advice to Management

Be honest, and start actually caring about your temporary employees! They're people too, who need jobs and rely on this one for at least a year! Just because they are temporary, stop treating them like dirt. Follow through with what you tell them during the hiring process. Make them feel welcome, and like they actually matter! Making your employees wonder every day when they'll be the ones cut, is not a way to run a successful business!

Other Employee Reviews for Kimberly-Clark

1. Career at KC Beech Island 2012

Current Employee - Project Engineer in Beech Island, SC (US)
    Current Employee - Project Engineer in Beech Island, SC (US)

I have been working at Kimberly-Clark full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good benefits, pay and vacation

Cons

not very good at job instruction

Advice to Management

improve your review of personnel

2. Hope you have time to wait.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Neenah, WI (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Neenah, WI (US)

I have been working at Kimberly-Clark full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good pay when you consider the cost of living for the area. Nostalgia because this corporate environment is out of 1982.

Cons

The company makes decisions at a glacial pace. "Engagement" programs and LEAN are buzzwords not reality All roads lead to Neenah. Expect another round of layoffs when the 2015 goals are missed

Advice to Management

Most KC management is from the old guard, it really is still a good old boys club things are earned with years of service not skills or merit. Give answers not lip service, if you're going to just dodge questions why bother taking them?