Kinex - Not the best of places to earn a living | Glassdoor.co.uk
Pros
  • "Such a fun, bubbly environment to work in based in the heart of brimingham with Such friendly staff and great a management team" (in 12 reviews)

• "Management are really supportive and make it a great place to work, one of the only places ive actually enjoyed going in to in the morning" (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • "hire and fire job; they'll fire you after your first week if you don't get an appointment (reach targets) even though you're still in training" (in 7 reviews)

• "long hours, dry spells in performance" (in 8 reviews)

Employee Review

Employee Review

"Not the best of places to earn a living"

Current Employee - Field Sales Executive in Birmingham, England
Current Employee - Field Sales Executive in Birmingham, England

I have been working at Kinex full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Friendly colleagues who go out of their way to help you and make all new staff feel welcome. Even the managers themselves are easy to get along with. It is a small office with a team of 8-12 sales agents. Office games are played at the beginning of the day and after lunch. Bonuses are achievable if luck is on your side.

Cons

Unrealistic targets are expected. You're expected to cold-call at least 250 businesses and at times the techniques used by Kinex are unethical such as lying to people. None of the calls are recorded for quality or training and I've seen Data Protection principles ignored many times by managers. The hours are long, 08:45 to 18:00 with 75mins of breaks. During the day, there are many obscene topics discussed which can be inflammatory; Managers constantly swear and talk inappropriately to female members of staff; There are constantly objects thrown across the office causing a major health and safety hazard. Management instigate a lot of this unprofessional behaviour.

Advice to Management

Please conduct yourselves with more respectful behaviour and encourage professional values rather than throw things and swear around other employees.

17 Sep 2018 – HR Manager

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review, we are glad to hear you enjoy working with your colleagues and taking part in the office games.

We take allegations of... More

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

"more like a family than work"

Current Employee - Branch Manager in Manchester, England
    Current Employee - Branch Manager in Manchester, England

I have been working at Kinex full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I earn twice as much as any of my friends the same age as me!! hard work pays off in this game.

Cons

long hours .

Advice to Management

keep up the good work!!!

23 Jul 2018 – HR Manager

Hi,

Thanks for taking the time to leave your review, it's fantastic to hear you're enjoying your role and taking full advantage of our uncapped commission structure. We're proud of our fun and... More

2. "PLEASE IF TOU VALUE LIFE DONT DO IT"

Former Employee - Telesales in Birmingham, England
    Former Employee - Telesales in Birmingham, England

I worked at Kinex full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

My manager Kay and regional sales manager Lee were ace! Helps that you have a great group of people to do it with!

Cons

I saw people start on the Monday and sacked by the Thursday... absolutely awful! They were trying so hard, if your lead didn’t sell then it was your fault even when reps didn’t even try to sit it or rearranged it and it then dropped out... As soon as the reps messed up then it was the fault of the telesales... not a fair system at all.

Advice to Management

Get a grip, we are all just trying to earn a living as hard as the job may be. And to the owners/directors stop being to jumped up and give people a chance.

15 Aug 2018 – HR Manager

Hello, thank you for taking the time to leave your review.
    We're glad you enjoyed working with your colleagues and had a good relationship with your managers. We are disappointed to hear of your... More

Discover more reviews about Kinex.