Kinex - Not the best of places to earn a living | Glassdoor.co.uk
Pros
Cons
  • "hire and fire job; they'll fire you after your first week if you don't get an appointment (reach targets) even though you're still in training" (in 7 reviews)

• "long hours, dry spells in performance" (in 8 reviews)

Employee Review

Employee Review

"Not the best of places to earn a living"

Current Employee - Field Sales Executive in Birmingham, England
Current Employee - Field Sales Executive in Birmingham, England

I have been working at Kinex full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Friendly colleagues who go out of their way to help you and make all new staff feel welcome. Even the managers themselves are easy to get along with. It is a small office with a team of 8-12 sales agents. Office games are played at the beginning of the day and after lunch. Bonuses are achievable if luck is on your side.

Cons

Unrealistic targets are expected. You're expected to cold-call at least 250 businesses and at times the techniques used by Kinex are unethical such as lying to people. None of the calls are recorded for quality or training and I've seen Data Protection principles ignored many times by managers. The hours are long, 08:45 to 18:00 with 75mins of breaks. During the day, there are many obscene topics discussed which can be inflammatory; Managers constantly swear and talk inappropriately to female members of staff; There are constantly objects thrown across the office causing a major health and safety hazard. Management instigate a lot of this unprofessional behaviour.

Advice to Management

Please conduct yourselves with more respectful behaviour and encourage professional values rather than throw things and swear around other employees.

17 Sep 2018 – HR Manager

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review, we are glad to hear you enjoy working with your colleagues and taking part in the office games.

We take allegations of... More

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

1. "PLEASE IF TOU VALUE LIFE DONT DO IT"

Former Employee - Telesales in Birmingham, England
    Former Employee - Telesales in Birmingham, England

I worked at Kinex full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

My manager Kay and regional sales manager Lee were ace! Helps that you have a great group of people to do it with!

Cons

I saw people start on the Monday and sacked by the Thursday... absolutely awful! They were trying so hard, if your lead didn’t sell then it was your fault even when reps didn’t even try to sit it or rearranged it and it then dropped out... As soon as the reps messed up then it was the fault of the telesales... not a fair system at all.

Advice to Management

Get a grip, we are all just trying to earn a living as hard as the job may be. And to the owners/directors stop being to jumped up and give people a chance.

15 Aug 2018 – HR Manager

Hello, thank you for taking the time to leave your review.
    We're glad you enjoyed working with your colleagues and had a good relationship with your managers. We are disappointed to hear of your... More

"Don't do it"

Former Employee - Field Sales Representative in Chatham, England
    Former Employee - Field Sales Representative in Chatham, England

I worked at Kinex full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are no pros to working here

Cons

Promised 5 qualified appts a day. That is an appt with a business owner/decision maker with a phone bill ready. Max I got was 4 appts some days only 2. Only 50% of appts there was a decision maker with a phone bill. Then the kids in the telesales office tell you you're not doing your job properly when they have never sold in the field. Now I find out that I'm not being paid full commission because I've left. Do yourself a favour and don't join them

Advice to Management

Don't lie at interview about the job and pay.

15 Aug 2018 – HR Manager

Hello, thank you for taking the time to leave your review. We are disappointed to hear of your experience as a Field Sales Representative. Our lead generators work hard to provide qualified... More

Discover more reviews about Kinex.