Kinex - field sales rep | Glassdoor.co.uk

Employee Review

"field sales rep"

Former Employee - Field Sales Representative in Nottingham, England
Former Employee - Field Sales Representative in Nottingham, England

I worked at Kinex full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

nice colleagues. when make phone calls.

Cons

do not pay you commision for work you have done.

Advice to Management

pay us.

10 Dec 2018 – Human Resources Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are sorry to hear you had a negative experience whilst working for us.

We are concerned about the issues you have raised regarding unpaid... More

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

"Disgusting company with no morals. Avoid Southampton like the PLAGUE."

Former Employee - Telesales in Southampton, England
    Former Employee - Telesales in Southampton, England

I worked at Kinex full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Great place to work if you love to feel depressed and sad.
    - It’s really nice when you work every day for months for a company, make then some good money and they drop you like a bag of crap.

Cons

- Constant bickering between management
    - No excitement about hitting targets / appointments
    - Shocking morals, will fire you for not making appointments in two days despite having a brilliant track record
    - Lie to all their staff about progression being available in the company
    - Higher up threaten to sack people on a daily basis including managers
    - Don’t accept anyone being sick, you would have to have broken every bone in your body to have a sick day
    - Very manipulative when it comes to taking any holiday off
    - Never get paid the majority of the commission you expect because when people sign their contracts Kinex can’t keep up with their end of the bargain . eg cancellation fees. When you do, their commission scheme is pretty rubbish compared to other telecoms companies
    - Absolutely foul language which shouldn’t be in a work place used on a daily basis
    - Management spreading gossip about staff and each other
    - Short breaks and only 45 minutes for lunch. Also you have to work until 6 when most places have already closed.
    - Call the same data over and over again - they make a huge deal about “fresh data” but it is just the same old crap printed out again...
    - VERY high staff turnover - people either quit or are fired within their first week.
    - Took them TWO MONTHS to send out P45.
    - For the last hour your managers will scream at you to stand up for ‘power hour’ despite the fact that most places are closed and it is the worst and most depressing hour.
    - The “yes ladder” on their script makes you sound like a dumb cold caller
    - Kinex was previously Unicom who were fined 200,000 for lying to customers on the phone ! Yet Kinex still tell employees to lie on the phone. Managers constantly lying about “broadband speeds” as well as prices.
    - Fire people and then call them in a few weeks / months to ask them to come back!!

Honestly.... don’t bother. They’re a sinking ship

Advice to Management

Give your heads a wobble, this is not how you do business and treat human beings. Also, get with the times ie VoIP & cloud - businesses need more than your crappy landlines & broadband.

8 Nov 2018 – Human Resources Manager

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. We are disappointed to hear of your negative experience as a Telesales Rep, as we endeavour to ensure all our representatives have a... More

2. "My Fifth Week Here"

Current Employee - Telesales Advisor in Newcastle upon Tyne, England
    Current Employee - Telesales Advisor in Newcastle upon Tyne, England

I have been working at Kinex full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Amazing Environment.
    Supportive Managers.
    Good Opportunities for Advancement.
    Good Office Placement.
    No need for prior experience.
    Clear Targets Given.
    Time Passes Quickly Due to Environment.
    Sociable Hours 9-6 mon-fri

Cons

I personally think the only negative is that due to the clear targets you need to be good at your job, to meet them, to be secure in your placement. However this is the same as any sales advisor placement and you are supported in reaching them and if you haven't you get help in doing so the next week.

Advice to Management

There are times when the most senior management are seemingly unreasonable with regards to the new staff that have little to no experience and that potentially be explained more so to them or lessened slightly.

17 Sep 2018 – HR Manager

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review, it's fantastic to hear you're enjoying your new role at kinex and have looked into the progression opportunities we have available... More

Discover more reviews about Kinex.