"Great Job, Poor Management Choice"

5.0
    Former Employee - Finance

I worked at LGM Financial Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great benefits, beautiful office space, amazing volunteer opportunities

Cons

Experienced bullying from manager and sexist and hurtful remarks from colleague that were dismissed by manager. Management was unable to effectively inspire and handle the diverse personalities of the team. Lots of learning went amiss.

LGM Financial Services Response

November 7, 2019President and CEO

Thank-you for your balanced review and fair advice. I know this past year has been particularly challenging on our leaders at LGM as we have had to push all of our team members harder than ever to do more with less resources. While I know our team is all well intended, even the best of us don’t always come across as positive and enthusiastic when we are under a lot of stress and pressure. This is something we are working on in the coming year, along with having many of our newer leaders attend our emerging leader development program. We are committed to employee engagement and a creating a great employee experience at LGM and we know that starts with great leadership. Thank-you again for your sound suggestions and for being part of our LGM journey!

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Great company to work at"

4.0
    Former Employee - Software Developer in Vancouver, BC

I worked at LGM Financial Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Leadership was awesome and took care of its employees. The team was super inclusive and bright. Generally speaking the environment at LGM was awesome.

Cons

The insurance industry can only get so exciting.

Continue reading
  2. "Fantastic Employer that cares to be responsible to its employees, customers, business partners and industry"

5.0
    Former Employee - EVP, Finance in Vancouver, BC

I worked at LGM Financial Services full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The organization lives by its core values with the primary focus on what is the right thing to do and not the net income generation.

Cons

Although I enjoyed my 13 years with the organization, it is a fast paced environment with audacious goals and objectives that may be too much for some to handle

LGM Financial Services Response

May 15, 2020President and CEO

Thanks for your thoughtful review and more importantly your 13 years of service to our LGM family! I completely agree with your assessment in terms of living our values, doing the right things, as well as having a BIG appetite for challenging goals. We will do our best to ensure your legacy lives on! All the best in your next endeavors!

Discover more reviews about LGM Financial Services.