LateRooms.com - The People Make It | Glassdoor.co.uk

"The People Make It"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England

I worked at LateRooms.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I worked with some of the most talented, friendly, dedicated and passionate people I've ever worked with. On the whole, it was a pleasant environment and the PAs worked tirelessly to ensure delivery of events & engagement activities.

I will miss LateRooms.

Cons

In my particular role there was limited scope for progression. You also find that it can become "dead mans shoes"... Some employees in more senior roles were overpaid for the work that they were performing/expected to complete and so found that the golden handcuffs kept them in place which was frustrating for the more active, driven people below them. It could be stifling at times.

There were often periods of a lack of focus, or direction, and the general consensus was that no one felt that they knew what they were striving to achieve, which was a shame, as with the appropriate calling, employees would have reacted and were more than capable of delivering on any project given.

There were a lot of "closed door" conversations, which was unsettling for everyone, with little communication from the SLT to middle management, and in turn to employees.

Advice to Management

Invest in people development - there was little available for employees / middle management with the primary focus being on the leadership team, and little ROI was visible to the rest of the company.

Communicate more - employees are passionate about what they do and can deliver, but often feel that they are being purposefully omitted from key conversations, or worse, misled.

Other Employee Reviews for LateRooms.com

"Wish we could get back in time"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England

I have been working at LateRooms.com full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

People, culture. Nothing more unfortunately.

Cons

2+ years ago this was THE PLACE to work in. Since the company changed owners, rebranded there seems to be a lot going on brhind closed doors. Redundancies, hidden plans and projects, constant uncertainty. No progression available.
    Favouritism in promotions which is the worst possible thing.

Advice to Management

Stop focusing on the 'big picture' of your bigger company because this one is falling apart. You're losing good people every month and now you cant keep up with recruitment. Stop pushing for quantity and focus on quality like we used to years ago.

2. "Management team kept changing. So did the strategy."

Former Employee - Head of Department in Manchester, England
    Former Employee - Head of Department in Manchester, England

I worked at LateRooms.com full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Friendly and approachable colleagues, mostly. Despite being part of a larger group company still managed to have a small company feel.

Cons

Some of the senior managers could be belittling. Quite often too much focus on next big thing and not day to day.