LateRooms.com - Good culture | Glassdoor.co.uk

"Good culture"

Former Employee - Automation Analyst in Manchester, England
Former Employee - Automation Analyst in Manchester, England

I worked at LateRooms.com full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Great people, very friendly
- Manager was very understanding of any difficulties
- Very relaxed atmosphere
- Great hours
- Good work / life balance

Cons

- Dev environments needed work
- Some projects dragged on and failed because they didn't have the required support

Other Employee Reviews for LateRooms.com

1. "Good until you need to do anything"

I worked at LateRooms.com full-time

Pros

Great office, some great people and a good culture

Cons

old website platform, not enough drive for change, too many bad decisions at management level made a lot of good people leave

"The People Make It"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England

I worked at LateRooms.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I worked with some of the most talented, friendly, dedicated and passionate people I've ever worked with. On the whole, it was a pleasant environment and the PAs worked tirelessly to ensure delivery of events & engagement activities.

I will miss LateRooms.

Cons

In my particular role there was limited scope for progression. You also find that it can become "dead mans shoes"... Some employees in more senior roles were overpaid for the work that they were performing/expected to complete and so found that the golden handcuffs kept them in place which was frustrating for the more active, driven people below them. It could be stifling at times.

There were often periods of a lack of focus, or direction, and the general consensus was that no one felt that they knew what they were striving to achieve, which was a shame, as with the appropriate calling, employees would have reacted and were more than capable of delivering on any project given.

There were a lot of "closed door" conversations, which was unsettling for everyone, with little communication from the SLT to middle management, and in turn to employees.

Advice to Management

Invest in people development - there was little available for employees / middle management with the primary focus being on the leadership team, and little ROI was visible to the rest of the company.

Communicate more - employees are passionate about what they do and can deliver, but often feel that they are being purposefully omitted from key conversations, or worse, misled.