LateRooms.com - A business made by it's people | Glassdoor.co.uk

Employee Review

Employee Review

Featured Review

"A business made by it's people"

I have been working at LateRooms.com full-time

Pros

LateRooms is and always has been a fun place to work. The people are great and the culture is collaborative and inclusive.

The people don’t take themselves too seriously, and you are always given opportunities to try new things or come up with new ideas. This ethos has continued in the new direction that we are taking, in reinventing our business and strategy to adapt to the changing market.

The career progression is great, with my role evolving over the years bringing lots of different opportunities. The business moves at a fast pace, meaning that we often see a lot of change and that can be difficult for some. Personally, I view that as a positive as it has brought so much more variety to my career than I would have experienced elsewhere.

Cons

At times the business has felt a little directionless and didn’t seem to have a true identity. Constant change is hard and in trying to keep ahead of a fast paced market, you are always going to experience large amounts of ambiguity. Often that has meant that the communication hasn't been at it's best, and people have felt confused about how to add value or felt that their time has been wasted on projects that became low priorities.

Advice to Management

Communication is key – make sure that everyone understands the direction and feels that they are part of the journey. Celebrate successes more and keep momentum with key priorities.

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

"New owners have no clue"

I worked at LateRooms.com full-time

Pros

Modern offices, flexible working, great people/team, used to be a great place to work

Cons

Since the Tui sold the business its just been in decline, the new owners are not investing in the right places and are trying to create a 3rd brand that makes no sense to anyone!

Advice to Management

Invest in the brands you have rather than trying to create a 3rd brand. You have missed the boat already!

LateRooms.com Response

14 Mar 2018 – Executive Chairman

Since acquiring LateRooms the new owners have spent millions of pounds on brand advertising and completing IT developments to support the brand and its sister brand Superbreak, so no investment is... More

"Awful"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England

I worked at LateRooms.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Was supposed to be a new challenge and career progression

Cons

No communication regarding what information you need to fo your job. if you’re face doesnt fit, no one will help you. Line manager utterly incompetent.

Advice to Management

Provide proper training and company information. Better monitoring of your managers.

LateRooms.com Response

6 Apr 2018 – Head of Talent

Thank you for your feedback and comments. It’s disappointing to hear that your experience didn’t measure up to your expectations and that you didn’t feel able to raise your concerns during you time... More

Discover more reviews about LateRooms.com.