1. "Continuous improvement culture and staff engagement focus"

4.0
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England

I have been working at LateRooms.com full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The people are always the focus at Laterooms and have been since I started. The team work is fantastic and the opportunities for challenge and growth among staff is like nowhere I have ever worked before. There are challenges like with every changing business but the open and honest culture allows people to talk through the issues and try to work them through without fear of reproach or judgement which is refreshing. The HR team are working tirelessly on making staff benefits better and more aligned for all and they take a lot of criticism without the understanding that they are a very small team and stretched in a lot of directions. Personally I have always had someone I can turn to if I needed advice or a sounding board which cannot be said for many HR teams I have worked with previously. The absence of a CTO at present seems to have solidified the IT leadership team and allowed a more direct line into the board - feedback to this effect has been submitted to the SLT directly and it is very positive to hear that staff are secure in times of change. There are always areas to improve in any organisation but the bonus of LateRooms is that staff are listened to and the organisation as a whole are genuinely trying to make improvements wherever possible to ensure the success of the business and the people that make the place.

Cons

Things tend to take time at Laterooms when business wide change is required it would be good to see the organisation as a whole be more agile to deliver internal changes at pace. Senior people need to get out of the shrinking mindset - the organisation structure had to change to move forwards and build a new product. That product is now live and we need to shift the mentality of cost cutting and trimming down to support our future growth plans - stop challenging staff replacements with lesser roles and start to understand that we must support partners to the best of our ability and to do that we cannot run as lean as we have been in recent years.

Continue reading

LateRooms.com Response

July 5, 2019HR Assistant

Thank you for your valuable feedback, we are happy to hear your positive thoughts on our culture and the opportunity you have had to be a apart of our exciting transformation to a B2B proposition. The business works hard to ensure that the benefits it offers, rightly awards our employees for their hard work and commitment to their roles. We know there is always room for improvement, and we are always keen to hear ideas and suggestions from all employees on how we can make this an even better place to work. As you have shared, the business needed to change to move forward and we have made great progress with this now we have gone live with a number of UK National partners. In order to continue being successful in this, we need to ensure governance is in place to ensure the right decisions are made for the business. Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us again, we hope you continue to enjoy working at LateRooms.com.

Other Employee Reviews

"Sr developer"

2.0
    Former Employee - Software Developer

I worked at LateRooms.com full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Technically strong teams to work with. Get to learn new things and team members are open to teaching. Good work life balance.

Cons

Management has serious issues. Too many ppl with too many ideas and none works through.

Continue reading

LateRooms.com Response

July 17, 2018CTO

Thank you for your feedback and I'm pleased that you found the IT and work/life balance of your role fulfilling. I'm not sure when you left the company but the last few months have seen a major restructuring of the senior management team with a strong focus on decisiveness and strength in both our existing and new marketplaces. Over the last 12 months we have seen a consistent organisational transformation to focus our efforts around our new technology platform, with strong support throughout the company as well as reaching out to our teams with engagement surveys and leadership and management training. Whilst we have to acknowledge that this shift has been painful for many people, we have also received feedback from a number of long-term IT team members that our current model is the most rewarding and progressive structure they have worked in. We realise that we will never be perfect but we do seek continual improvement throughout the company and will always welcome ideas and insights to address problematic areas. Any member of our team is welcome to chat to any member of senior management, or concerns can be raised through the townhall or Q&A sessions and will always be addressed and responded to.

2. "Learnt so much"

5.0
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Manchester, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at LateRooms.com full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Relaxed friendly fun with some real culture both in terms of the work and social

Cons

Pay wasn’t the best

Discover more reviews about LateRooms.com.