Employee Review

1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

It's a fast paced job being 1 of the highest paid jobs in retail with lots of potential to progress and treated fairly.

May 12, 2021 - Customer Assistant in Oldham, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Lidl pay the living wage and get a wage rise every year for hourly paid colleagues, the welcome meeting and training is one of the best I've ever experienced, Lots of potential to progress if wanted, 10% staff discount, lots of support in general but especially during the pandemic Lidl really showed their gratitude to it's employees by giving bonuses for the hard work so we really felt appreciated and showed how much Lidl values it's workers when you compare to what some people are going through we was really lucky to still be able to go to work.

Cons

Not really a 'con' for myself as I've worked in retail since leaving school and overall im so proud I work for Lidl so the only thing i'll say is that because of the better than average salaries this unfortunately means Less staff on shifts compared to your average retailer so can get quite hectic so must be physically active, be able to on your feet for upto 12 hours a day and good at multitasking to keep up the pace or you can easily fall behind. This to me isn't a negative as this is my job and what is expected of you, some people don't see the extra pay is worth the extra work but if your not shy of getting stuck in and are physically fit this should be no problem and one thing is you will never be bored as there's always something to do which makes the days go fast.

Continue reading
    2 people found this review helpful

Lidl Response

Employer Brand Coordinator

It's fantastic to hear you're enjoying working with us! Thank you for leaving a review and for all of the hard work you put in to make your store a success, we really appreciate it. You can contact us at careers.sm@lidl.co.uk to discuss anything in more detail, otherwise please remember that your local ERC is on hand to support you. - Freya, Lidl GB.

1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Exciting

Dec 15, 2021 - Supply Chain Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of problems to solve

Cons

High workload for individual employees

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 4.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Good temporary job

Jan 19, 2022 - Associate
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good entry level job for the pay

Cons

Location was very understaffed so work was always busy

Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Lidl.