Lush - Where Dreams Come True... For a Temporary Sales Assistant | Glassdoor.co.uk
Pros
Cons
  • "People who worked full time or had more free time to work extra shifts were favoured - while I was a uni student I couldn't devote all my time to them" (in 22 reviews)

• "Company encourage work - life balance however fail to come up with how to achieve that" (in 10 reviews)

Employee Review

Employee Review

"Where Dreams Come True... For a Temporary Sales Assistant"

Current Employee - Christmas Temporary Staff
Current Employee - Christmas Temporary Staff

I have been working at Lush part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

All staff are treated the same and all get along. When help is needed, it's provided. Training was brilliant and in depth. Not having to force products onto customers is always a bonus, you just have to go with the flow (customer training helped a lot for this). Opportunity to stay on after Christmas. Bonus', wage, discount and rewards are all brilliant too!

Cons

The manager seems to think she is some form of God with a personality that has more sides than a pair of dice. She attempted to show me how to clean down an area, which resulted in her basically missing everything. I don't mind spending that extra 5 minutes to clean down properly and do an honest job.

Advice to Management

Move her to another store and replace her with the trainee manager, without a doubt.

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

"Great company that keeps great company."

Pros

Great Colleages, great discount. Training days are really fun. You can progress within the company over time.

Cons

Covered in glitter all the time (not particularly bad haha). The company tends to do high profile publicity campaigns against animal testing and such which people target you personally about.

2. "Christmas temp"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reading, England
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reading, England

I have been working at Lush (Less than a year)

Pros

30% discount and lovely staff plus work always smells lush.

Cons

Being on your feet all the time and getting rude customer but they are easy to deal with.

Advice to Management

There's nothing that management need to change

Discover more reviews about Lush.