Lush - Where Dreams Come True... For a Temporary Sales Assistant | Glassdoor.co.uk
Pros
Cons
  • "People who worked full time or had more free time to work extra shifts were favoured - while I was a uni student I couldn't devote all my time to them" (in 22 reviews)

• "Company encourage work - life balance however fail to come up with how to achieve that" (in 10 reviews)

Employee Review

Employee Review

"Where Dreams Come True... For a Temporary Sales Assistant"

Current Employee - Christmas Temporary Staff
Current Employee - Christmas Temporary Staff

I have been working at Lush part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

All staff are treated the same and all get along. When help is needed, it's provided. Training was brilliant and in depth. Not having to force products onto customers is always a bonus, you just have to go with the flow (customer training helped a lot for this). Opportunity to stay on after Christmas. Bonus', wage, discount and rewards are all brilliant too!

Cons

The manager seems to think she is some form of God with a personality that has more sides than a pair of dice. She attempted to show me how to clean down an area, which resulted in her basically missing everything. I don't mind spending that extra 5 minutes to clean down properly and do an honest job.

Advice to Management

Move her to another store and replace her with the trainee manager, without a doubt.

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

"not all is at it seems"

Current Employee - Sales Assistant in Leeds, South East England, England
    Current Employee - Sales Assistant in Leeds, South East England, England

I have been working at Lush part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The majority of the staff are amazing and when i first started, they went out there way to help me when others assumed i should know what im doing. Great discount and sampling which comes in handy when you give consultation's as you can actually say you have tried the products.

Cons

Bullying goes un-noticed and when it is noticed, the one been bullied gets in trouble. No contracts. If your are poorly, even with a sick note, you get sanctioned (which is actually illegal) you MUST join a union! Management have their favourites! In the leeds lush spa store, the manager is a complete pervert and has commented on me and how i look in such disgusting ways! As a female, this is extremely embarrassing for me. he has no product knowledge whatsoever either!

Advice to Management

Practice what you preach with your ethics and maybe get a new job once your baby has arrived? Sorry, not sorry.

"Great company that keeps great company."

Pros

Great Colleages, great discount. Training days are really fun. You can progress within the company over time.

Cons

Covered in glitter all the time (not particularly bad haha). The company tends to do high profile publicity campaigns against animal testing and such which people target you personally about.

Discover more reviews about Lush.